What's new

Kiehl's Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion

Hi gents,

I was wondering if anyone uses Kiehl's blue herbal lotion as an aftershave or part of their post-shave routine? I have noticed that one of its intended uses is as an aftershave. Any feedback?

Thanks,
Rick

Hi gents,

I was wondering if anyone uses Kiehl's blue herbal lotion as an aftershave or part of their post-shave routine? I have noticed that one of its intended uses is as an aftershave. Any feedback?

Thanks,
Rick

I have used it in the past. It helps reduce irritation. I like it more as a mid-day or evening toner to help reduce oil and dirt from the day.

It contains witch hazel (as well as alcohol) which is why it is good for post shave. While it is nice, I think you are just as well of using some Thayer's witch hazel... that being suggested from a value stand point.

It will burn like the dickens if you use it post shave but it works well. I find that it should only be used by people who have oily or very oily skin as the product is very drying.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This was my sole aftershave for the last 6 or 7 years before I joined this forum. Although it worked very well, imo, there are better post-shave products. (i.e. Speick, Tabac, Proraso a/s and Aqua Velva [which costs about 300% less than the Kiehl's Blue Astringent].) All in all, a very good product to have for use on the nose and forehead area after a shower as it is very drying.

Top Bottom