What's new

Best DE blade for a dovo shavette straight razor??

I was wondering if anyone had any input on this. I've been using feather razors in my shavette for straight razor shaves. I want the smoothest shave as possible, but am having trouble on the tough spots such as the neck and adams apple with getting nicks and such. Do I just need to keep practicing, or is the feather blade a little to aggressive? This will be for use in a barber shop on clients doing a 3 pass shave. 2 wtg. 1 atg.

I've only used Shark SS but I am very satisfied. Very smooth. Any nicks and cuts are due to operator error.

Is it possible my feathers are too sharp or aggressive or is it all user error? Im thinking of trying your sharks, the gillette 7oclocks, or some astras...

All razor blades are razor sharp. Some may feel smoother to some more than others. You're not getting cut due to the sharpness of the blade, and the sharpness of the blade doesn't change the aggressiveness of the razor. I would say your cuts are due to blade angle. Its tricky. I haven't had a problem with my neck...its my jaw line that I keep shredding. And if i were going to get cut, I would rather it be with the sharpest blade possible.

Top Bottom