What's new

Sabi badger brush...anyone have one?

On ebay, there's a company called Shave a Buck selling a black hair badger called Sabi.
Anyone here have one? If so, how's the quality.
They're selling it for about 18 bucks shipped. I'm looking for a travel brush and will probably order a Tweezerman but this Sabi looked interesting.

Joe's one of our vendors. I personally don't have one of the sabi brushes, but i can vouch for his excellent service.

He has quite a selection on his site
http://shaveabuck.com/cart/brushes-mugs-and-stands-c-54.html?zenid=f88f13c34d0d52e4308db03f4167ed11

EDIT: Just noticed this in the description
Sabi Brushes are manufactured by Frank Shaving Companny. See the 21mm hair knot pictured below. Includes one free tube of shave cream from selection below.

I've heard good things about the FS brushes

I saw their best badger brush on ebay and it looks pretty nice so I was thinking of picking one up. How does it compare to the FS brushes? It is a little cheaper and faster shipping!

I have a Sabi black badger brush that I've used daily for about 8 months or so. It's lost very, very few hairs and works excellent with soaps and creams. I'm very pleased with it.

Where, in the softness scale, does the Sabil Black Badger fall? Is it like a silvertip or scritchy like a pure or????

Sorry poppi, I can't answer your question. Believe it or not, I've been wet shaving for 40+ years and have never had a badger brush until the Sabi. All I've used are inexpensive drug store boar brushes. My guess is that it would be considered scritchy. I do have a silvertip knot ordered from TGN. Give mew a week or two and I'll be able to tell you.

I initially purchased a Sabi Shaving #15 Black & Red Silvertip brush about a year ago. After using it a few times I put it in my “bad brush box”. I didn’t like this brush because it was surprisingly very scritchy, especially considering it is called a silvertip. Today I decided to try this brush once again. I used a Merkur Vision razor (wide open), a Polsilver Super Iridium blade, and Lord Menthol Shaving Cream Emofresh. Yes, this brush is extremely scritchy, but I actually liked today’s shave. The scritchiness and the exfoliation were enjoyable in a good way. This is the most scritchy silvertip I have. After taking a shower, applying some witch hazel, and Nivea Maximum Hydration Lotion, my face looked and felt great. Although my face was still a bit red, it was a very close shave. As they say here “No worries Mate, it’s all good.” I am going to remove this brush from my “bad brush box” and I am putting this brush back into my weekly arsenal of brushes. With twenty brushes I change brushes quite frequently. I recommend the Sabi Shaving #15 Black & Red Silvertip for anyone looking for an exfoliating (quite scrubby) brush. The handle is very nice and comfortable. At $30.00 at shaveabuck it is a bargain. I also have a Sabi Shaving 17RB Black Badger in my “bad brush box” which I am going to have to give another go soon.

Top Bottom