What's new

Hair product for short, curly hair

Good evening everyone,

So I have pretty short hair, which is normally clipped to a 2 or 3, but can get up to about an inch before it drives me crazy and buzz it all off again. It's really curly when longer, and rather wavy when shorter.

My problem is that it looks pretty bristly. Much of my hair lays down flat and goes into waves or curls, but not all. Is there anything you guys would reccomend? I usually don't even use shampoo/conditioner anymore since it's so short. I've been looking at Groom and Clean or even hair tonic if it would help my hair cooperate. If it could look a bit more wet, that'd probably be ok too! Thanks everyone.

my hair is close to that condition.i use jeri's tonic with a bit of extra alch.(10%) ,witch hazel(25%) and a spoon of olive oil ,a squirt of glycerin and shake before using.you get a nice menthol tingle.also softee hair grease--the yellow type is good. a small bit on each finger tip of one hand and rub it in briskly.vitalis is good also.

Brylcreem. I have the same type of hair. It gets wavy and curly as it gets longer. I use the no oil Jeris Hair Tonic while the hair is still damp. Blow dry it to make it lay down then hit it with Brylcreem, brush and comb.

The Brylcreem will make your hair look greasy at first. However, if you use just a little bit of it, the greasy look will dry out and you will be left with a nice dry looking hold in your hair.

Now, if I want a slicker look on the sides, I use a little dab of Tres Flores, Murray's or whatever pomade I have.

Hope this helps you out. Ever since I dropped the gooey gels for the old school "boy dog" stuff, I get compliments on my hair. I guess Grandpa knew what he was doing after all.

Last edited:
Seems like a good idea for people with our type of hair is a little bit of tonic, then a little bit of something thicker. I'll give it a shot!

Top Bottom