What's new

Am I the only person in the western world not on Facebook?

I have better things to do than waste my time on either Facebook or Twitter...like enjoying my time with my family, B & B, good friends, a good wine, beer or spirit, and a cigar. (Yeah Baby!!!). :lol1:

Just say No!!!

Christopher
proxy.php
proxy.php

I just friended you too. :thumbup1:

I am on FB, but closely monitor what people can see about me. Friends get a little peek behind the curtain, and everyone else is out of luck. :tongue_sm

It is a good tool to keep track of friends and family members that live out of town and it is very easy to block or de-friend those folks that you need or want to pitch.

Like things of a similar ilk, it will suck up as much time as you allow it to.

Dave :ihih:

Also not on Facebook (or Twitter).

My fear is that somehow I will be forced in to it kicking and screaming. People look at me like I have some sort of deformity when I tell them I don't have a facebook account. I already have enough things to attend to without needing to check some Facebook or twitter page.

I remember when I didn't even have a phone. If someone wanted to contact me they had to chase me down for a face-to-face. Perhaps even buy me a beer! So it was Faceface instead of Facebook. In many ways life was much more pleasant then.

I remember when I didn't even have a phone. If someone wanted to contact me they had to chase me down for a face-to-face. Perhaps even buy me a beer! So it was Faceface instead of Facebook. In many ways life was much more pleasant then.

Yeah, but think of all the people you used to have to see in person whom you can now avoid through the miracle of cyber "contact." The glass is half full, my friend.

Last edited:
I'm not on facebook.

I just found out my anti-social-hate-the-man-and-everyone-else-not-like-me-workin'-stiff-get-me-out-of-the-city-don't-want-no-foo-foo-haircut-on-my-head-who-needs-college-wine-is-for-sissies-dryshaving brother is on facebook.:confused1

Go figure.

I'm not on Facebook either. If someone wants to contact me electronically, that's what my email address is for.

I'm not on facebook.

I just found out my anti-social-hate-the-man-and-everyone-else-not-like-me-workin'-stiff-get-me-out-of-the-city-don't-want-no-foo-foo-haircut-on-my-head-who-needs-college-wine-is-for-sissies-dryshaving brother is on facebook.:confused1

Go figure.

And the winner for the longest hyphenated word is..... Drum roll please....:lol::lol:

Nope.

And from what I've seen it's a way to meet up with your long-lost HS crush. IOW, a good way to get divorced.

Facebook is tool, and it's up to you to use it appropriately.

I'm Salvador on this one - there's no easier way to keep in touch with an extended network of friends and acquaintances spread all over the world. I can quickly keep on top of how my sister's overseas trip is going (complete with pictures), how my nephews and nieces are doing, what's up with my friends in Egypt in this difficult time, the parties my friends are throwing, what's new at the local library, deals at my favorite stores, how Sara's half-marathon training is going, and a thousand other things all from one easy interface. At this point, it's usually easier to get ahold of 20-somethings through their Facebook page than any other way.

You're free to delve deeper into any topics that interest you, or ignore those that don't. You need to show some good judgment about what you put on your page, but I'm 39 and not exactly ripping bong hits at parties anymore anyways :laugh: Facebook still needs a bit of work on putting up walls between the classes of your friends, it's still tricky to keep your private and professional lives separate. Anyone over 21 should be aware that employers and family members can see your page, and self-edit accordingly.

Top Bottom