What's new

Walking Dead thread...

I agree. But it was kinda weird because I very recently saw J.D.M. in "P.S. I Love You" where he played a kinda sweet & funny Irish musician. Not really my kinda movie but agreed to watch it and it was OK. I kinda kept expecting Negan to break into a quirky Irish tune, :-D But not so much in this role.
I kept seeing him as "The Comedian" in The Watchmen.
Not so much of a stretch.

$comedian011.jpg

Speculation about the future: Carol is out there roaming in the wild. She missed Negan's Orientation Night, and may be somewhat less intimidated.
And, time for Sasha to work on her long-distance sniper skillz.

Last edited:
I just caught the episode and surly did not see both Abraham and Glen both getting wacked, have never read the comics and I kinda thought one of the what I call anchor folks go but not expecting Glen, i wonder if Daryl had not popped off and punched Negan if Glen would had got his head knocked in but I guess it follows the comic according you those that have read it.

I will continue to follow it but gonna take me a minute or more to get used to not seeing Glen

That was better than I was expecting! I thought maybe one simple death, not two well drawn out! :thumbup1:
Once Rick has a little time to chill out, think and re-group, he's gonna end up one bad *** killer I think!?
This will be what makes a 'man out of him', and makes the group learn how to really survive.

I think the breaking for for Rick is when he was almost ready to cut Carl's arm off, I believe this was his breaking point but as several have said once he regroups he's gonna be one Bad Mother.....

Awesome episode! Nailed it!

As a huge fan of the comic I'm going to throw out a spoiler that may or may not come true.

Negan does not die, nor does he become a zombie!

Yeah having read the comics and watching last night I kind of hope it doesn't follow the comics. I have much more hatred for TV Negan than I did for comics Negan, not sure why but I'm in the I want to see him die horrifically camp now :001_smile

This is just an opinion here.

Just far too over the line of my personal TV preferences. I understand it follows (loosely) the comics, but comics aren't animated nor are they so realistically violent. I mean, they're violent but come on.... I felt like I was watching Hostel. It was gross and I didn't need to see that. If this is the way things are going, they may be losing a long time fan of the series. Just gross and not what I'd consider entertaining.

So guess you haven't read the comics?

I've noticed you keep referencing the comics. That's fair, though comics aren't quite so graphically drawn out as what was delivered. I can handle the comics. It's more so that I'm not one for watching it for 10 minutes straight in a realistic setting. I'm not geared for that. Surely you can agree that it was way over the top and some people aren't into that at all. The comic was what? One page to make the point?

Last edited:
This is just an opinion here.

Just far too over the line of my personal TV preferences. I understand it follows (loosely) the comics, but comics aren't animated nor are they so realistically violent. I mean, they're violent but come on.... I felt like I was watching Hostel. It was gross and I didn't need to see that. If this is the way things are going, they may be losing a long time fan of the series. Just gross and not what I'd consider entertaining.
I felt the same way and Hostel came to mind for me too. I'm just not into that stuff any more.

I'll let a few more episodes ride out. I not a fanatic follower of the show like some, so won't be heartbroken if I give up on it. It's not as good as the earlier seasons anyway, may be time for me to walk away.

I'm not into that kind of thing.

I think I can move on too [MENTION=87065]dws[/MENTION] since that wasn't entertaining for me either. I had drifted away from watching during the mid season break when they were in Terminus. I ended up getting caught up when nothing else was on to watch and thought I'd give it a bit of time to get going again. Not for me where it's at now.

I don't watch FTWD either. For other reasons though. In the same line a bit but mostly because it's basically a soap opera.

I believe the Producers/Directors were looking for a total show reset and I believe it took something like this to do it, I am not surprised by Abraham but Glen is from pretty much the very beginning, i remember him helping Rick out from Jumpstart and even though I kinda expected something like this I was still surprised.

I've noticed you keep referencing the comics. That's fair, though comics aren't quite so graphically drawn out as what was delivered. I can handle the comics. It's more so that I'm not one for watching it for 10 minutes straight in a realistic setting. I'm not geared for that. Surely you can agree that it was way over the top and some people aren't into that at all. The comic was what? One page to make the point?
I agree it seemed over the top. Not sure I agree that the show presentation was out of proportion with the comic. By my quick count the comic scene with Negan covered about 17 of 28 pages in the issue on which it appeared, 7 or so of those pages being pretty hard core.

But a TV show scene by it's nature is more realistic than stylized comic panels. The show did "double down" on the victims but the show was extremely faithful to the comic version except for that.

So yes it was harsh but very faithful to the comic.

TV is more realistic than a comic.

Was it too much? Maybe.

But it's not the first time this has been said of the show. It's just the most recent, most egregious example.

Will people give up on the show because if this? I doubt many will to be honest. Sure if this level of violence was going to represent every episode. But that's unlikely. If you've stuck with the show this far, how likely is it you can resist going on?

If this is the way things are going, they may be losing a long time fan of the series. Just gross and not what I'd consider entertaining.
I believe the Producers/Directors were looking for a total show reset and I believe it took something like this to do it

I don't believe the whole season is going to be that graphic. There's no reason for it to be. The whole series has always been about the people and their interactions and not so much on the zombies and the gore. This season started out in the way it needed to. It was all about Negen breaking down Rick and the group. It needed to be believable. And they wanted the audience to feel what Rick was going through. And it took being over-the-top to do that.

Comics are different. You show someone a cell, or describe a scene and the reader fills in the rest. In TV and Movies you have to show the audience exactly what you want them to see.

I don't believe the whole season is going to be that graphic. There's no reason for it to be. The whole series has always been about the people and their interactions and not so much on the zombies and the gore. This season started out in the way it needed to. It was all about Negen breaking down Rick and the group. It needed to be believable. And they wanted the audience to feel what Rick was going through. And it took being over-the-top to do that.

Comics are different. You show someone a cell, or describe a scene and the reader fills in the rest. In TV and Movies you have to show the audience exactly what you want them to see.

I completely agree with the context. It's not the story line. It's the content that was overboard. There's a difference between plinking a few zombie monsters and bashing people's heads in with a barbed wire Louisville Slugger.... repeatedly. The plot could have been conveyed in a less completely horrific and disgusting way. That's my point. I'll give the show another go or two to test the waters. My point is that if the content doesn't change or rears it's ugly head again, I'm out. I don't need to like it. I just do. I hope they don't ruin it for me... Which they have proved willing, apparently. Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:
I didn't like it either. Just sayin that's it is Kirkman's story all the way. I don't expect that level of horrific violence to continue any more than after the Terminus bay bludgeoning scene.

The buffalo jumps (google it) were a bit much.

The final scene with the zombie stumbling out of the woods, kneeling, then chowing down in the puddle of brain-matter as the group was driving away was also gross.

Top Bottom