What's new

Walking Dead thread...

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Absolutely NOT Wesley Crushed level of dislike. Maybe more like Mark McCain level.
I'm a Carl can. I want to see Ron turn out to be a good guy.
I don't always get what I want

Yeah, Ron. Let's see if this old brain can remember that.
I was going to mention that Carl looks like he's been running from the barber for a year or so

Looks to me like he's been asking the barber for the "Mrs. Brady" look.

As for Ron, I'd be very surprised if they have a teenage boy murder another teenage boy. My guess is they'll have much more to worry about with the wall down, and they'll probably gain some sort of mutual respect through the ordeal.

I don't really like Coral either, but he gives a different perspective to the zombie apocalypse as a child coming of age in this nightmare world, that the adult characters can't bring. They could've made him a little less douchey though.

Unfortunately, Carl will live but he'll likely be given the same fate as his comic book character. (Look it up, I'd rather not spoil it). He's my most hated character right alongside Carol. Andrea had also been up there on my hate list but thankfully she was killed off. You may not see why I hate Carl but then again, I don't see how anyone can like him.

I'm up to issue#58 in the comics and I'm still surprised at the differences between them and the tv show. Both work well in my opinion.

Now, I'm glad it isn't just me seeing the huge number of improbabilities lately....the armoury guard, the tower falling (and exactly at the time we expected something to happen to Carl), the perfect hairstyles, the fact that a scratch can turn you but many have been is such close quarters with walkers, they must have gotten scratched more often) and the list goes on.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
A scratch can turn you, a bite can turn you, but getting walker blood in your mouth, eyes, open wounds.....perfectly OK.

I've always had an issue with that!

Same here. And that there were so many times that blood should have been able to turn someone if gotten in the wrong places. (Nicolas's shooting himself and his blood splattering in Glenn's face, for example!) How could no blood have gone into his eye or mouth? Rick's cutting his hand and then getting walker blood all over his hands yet he's still ok? Hmmm....

A scratch can turn you, a bite can turn you, but getting walker blood in your mouth, eyes, open wounds.....perfectly OK.

Yep, I don't like that aspect of this virus one bit. I remember a scene from a movie (maybe it was '28 Days Later'?) where a gentleman gets a drop of blood in his eye from an overhead bird and eventually turns.

Yep, I don't like that aspect of this virus one bit. I remember a scene from a movie (maybe it was '28 Days Later'?) where a gentleman gets a drop of blood in his eye from an overhead bird and eventually turns.
Yup, that was 28 Days Later. But those were a different strain of zombies, fast moving ones...not walkers like TWD.

There is debate as to whether the infected in 28 days were actual "zombies" or just "infected". If you think about it, the guy who got the blood in the eye turned without ever dying. That guy would have been OK if it wasn't for that stupid crow.

28 Days Later is usually included in the zombie genre. However, the Infected portrayed within the film fit only certain parts of the traditional zombie archetype. While zombies are generally slow, unintelligent, and hungry for human flesh, and are almost universally undead, the Infected are merely living human beings overcome with senseless rage brought on by the highly infectious Rage virus. They can be killed just as any human can and possess no supernatural abilities or inhuman strengths. At the same time, the Infected show many zombie characteristics: a bite-transmitted condition that results in the affected individual's loss of personality, decrease in cognitive function (e.g. problems with conventional door operation), aggressive pursuit of the uninfected, and the urge to spread the condition further all form part of the classic zombie film trope

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps it's spit? MAYBE the saliva from a bite is what turns the living? Unrealistic to put saliva against blood, but it can't be any worse than some of the ideas they have already?

What do people have against Carol? I find the duality of Mr. Rogers dynamic very entertaining. Please won't you be my neighbor on one side of the coin. Please die since you're not my neighbor on the other. Mrs. Rogers or The Governess, take your pick.

Glen. How can he not be zombie sausage links? Having seen a few dumpsters in my day, I have yet to come across one somebody can shimmy under. But, hey, it's TV.

Carl/Coral/Kurl? Well, hopefully Andrew Lincoln figures out how he's going to pronounce it. Get a haircut!

Rick. I didn't know they had Jheri Curl for the discerning survivor on the go.

Yeah, I didn't care so much for her in the beginning, but she's one of my favs. I love the cover she's taken since Alexandria. Fun to see the toggle between "make you some cookies/blow your gosh darned head off" depending on the crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do people have against Carol? I find the duality of Mr. Rogers dynamic very entertaining. Please won't you be my neighbor on one side of the coin. Please die since you're not my neighbor on the other. Mrs. Rogers or The Governess, take your pick.

Glen. How can he not be zombie sausage links? Having seen a few dumpsters in my day, I have yet to come across one somebody can shimmy under. But, hey, it's TV.

Carl/Coral/Kurl? Well, hopefully Andrew Lincoln figures out how he's going to pronounce it. Get a haircut!

Rick. I didn't know they had Jheri Curl for the discerning survivor on the go.
Haven't noticed folks having a problem with Carol. Most seem to love her current approach. Morgan not so much.

Carol has a great balance of good and bad. Always be polite, responsible, and neighborly, but have your knife ready to draw a seconds notice. Be friends with every single person, but never, never trust them for a second.

My favorite Carol scene is when she threatens the little boy when he catches her swiping guns. It reminds me of the scene in Jurassic Park when Dr. Grant explains in full detail what a "six foot turkey" would do to the kid if he had the chance.

Top Bottom