What's new

Walking Dead thread...

Heck yeah, I'm waiting for season 2 anxiously.
I don't think it'll be for awhile, though.

With the DVR I tend to be a good 3 or 4 episodes behind in the shows I watch, but I think it was December when it ended. That sound right?

Now I'm just waiting for Breaking Bad to start up again.
FWIW- Season 3 of BB is re-airing starting tonight. Ep.1 @ 2AM EST, Ep.2 @ 3AM.

Im reading conflicting reports online as to when season 2 will be aired. They say Fall 2011 and another site says July 2011. The sooner the better.

Is anyone anxiously waiting for season 2 as much as I am?

I am. I enjoyed the first season and liked that it seems to be more focused on the story rather then on the zombies.

Heck yeah, I'm waiting for season 2 anxiously.
I don't think it'll be for awhile, though.

With the DVR I tend to be a good 3 or 4 episodes behind in the shows I watch, but I think it was December when it ended. That sound right?

Now I'm just waiting for Breaking Bad to start up again.
FWIW- Season 3 of BB is re-airing starting tonight. Ep.1 @ 2AM EST, Ep.2 @ 3AM.

Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows. I am excited for the next season to start.

I have never been a fan of zombie, vampire, comic book hero, etc. movies. I have to admit I got hooked into this show because of the good character development. I look forward to season 2.

The books where the first serial comic books I ever followed and was hooked on the story from the beginning. The show is honoring that story spectacularly and I can't wait for the next season! :thumbup:

Season 1 was really well done. There were a few plot lines that felt rushed, probably because the creators knew they only had 6 episodes to work with and the chances of renewal probably seemed slim before the show debuted. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with a longer episode season. The cinematography on the show is especially amazing. It's the first scripted television show that makes me really wish I had a big HDTV.

I can't wait for season 2! The season finale for season 1 set records for ratings so I'm hoping that will encourage AMC to get season 2 going sooner than later.

I'm not usually an AMC guy and had to look this up. How I missed this I don't know but I am there! I am one of those apocalypse zombie lovin types. This looks really cool and season 1 is coming back around March 4th at 8pm to March 5th AM.

Along this vein, if you want to read a couple really cool zombie books check out Max Brooks's The Zombie Survival Guide & World War Z an oral history of the zombie war. They are really good and written as less of a strict horror genre and more of a horror/social commentary into the teotwawki survival mentality. Really good reads.

Jay

+1 for World War Z. Great book. I also liked Day By Day Armageddon.

I've read the first five volumes of the Walking Dead (Issues 1-30) and really enjoyed it. Great artwork. Great story. I need to pick up the rest at some point. Just too many good things being released book-wise right now. It's been interesting to see the differences in the show vs. the graphic novels. Both are really well done.

I'm not usually an AMC guy and had to look this up. How I missed this I don't know but I am there! I am one of those apocalypse zombie lovin types. This looks really cool and season 1 is coming back around March 4th at 8pm to March 5th AM.

Along this vein, if you want to read a couple really cool zombie books check out Max Brooks's The Zombie Survival Guide & World War Z an oral history of the zombie war. They are really good and written as less of a strict horror genre and more of a horror/social commentary into the teotwawki survival mentality. Really good reads.

Jay

I wasnt an AMC guy either until Mad Men. I like these Sunday night shows. I think since Sopranos ended the network execs realized that something has to fill the Sunday night void.

i'm eagerly awaiting season 1 to come out on dvd. I was glad to see a giant Walking Dead poster at a bus stop when I drove by today

Loved it. Can't wait for Season 2. AMC is killing it. I wish Rubicon would have been renewed for a second season.

Between TWD, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad, AMC is getting it done.

Top Bottom