What's new

Walking Dead thread...

Almost 3 years and they are what....50 miles from Atlanta? They sure seem to get back there pretty quick to the hospital.
I guess there really no plan to go anywhere.

Well at times Rick tends to have a limp I have noticed. Usually after each butt kicking he gets. Since he leads the group, favoring the bad leg just has them in circles.:thumbup:

Almost 3 years and they are what....50 miles from Atlanta? They sure seem to get back there pretty quick to the hospital.
I guess there really no plan to go anywhere.

Now see, I was really hoping they would keep going to DC. If you look at the map Abraham gave Rick, they pass within a few miles of my house here in Richmond Va and I would LOVE to see them filming, if not be an extra zombie. Now that Dr. douchebag is not really a Dr. I suppose they will just hang around Atlanta.

I wonder if the preacher is in anyway affiliated with the hospital crew. I'm pretty sure it was he that maintained the funereal home and kept it stocked with food, perhaps after the guilt of letting his congregation perish.

It seems like a pretty out-of-the-way place for the hospital crew to be patrolling.

Abram sat in the street the whole episode and said all of 6 words??? Boring.

Did it look like Glen was getting a little too friendly like with Rosita?

Sasha is a total moron...she fell for that security guard cops story hook, line and sinker...not to mention turning her back on him.

Loved it when Daryl used a walker head to beat off the cop.

The pastor has more secrets.....

Agreed on all points. Like in Robing hood men with tights "I saw that coming from a mile awayyy"

Anyone see Tyreese as the main co-star on this weeks L&O SVU.

He played a sportscaster accused of Domestic Violence, caught on tape. This is the second time I've see a Walking Dead character on SVU, Maggie was on last year.

Last edited:
He had a major role in several seasons of The Wire, playing an ex-con who opened a boxing gym.
There have been two other Wire alums that I'm aware of: Bob (#1) and the Rev.

What's with the Zombie thing? I'm not putting down anyone's interest. I just don't understand it. What's so compelling about these stories? Now, the reason I don't get it is because I've never seen it. But why do you watch?

But why do you watch?

I tuned in by accident when S1E1 was on and hadn't heard or seen a thing about it. It was right after I had finished watching a few zombie movies like 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later...so I was hooked. I've always enjoyed that type of horror movie genre.

The show has become bigger then it should be, based on the quality of the show, but for Sunday night it fills a void in the TV market outside of sports.

What's with the Zombie thing? I'm not putting down anyone's interest. I just don't understand it. What's so compelling about these stories? Now, the reason I don't get it is because I've never seen it. But why do you watch?

I think It's the classic and immortal human struggle of good vs evil. In this case the evil is something repugnant with no soul. You can't humanize or empathize with it. So that makes it good clean fun. Replace it with almost anything else like a minority group, ethnic population or demographic and the illusion fails. But zombies are the perfect nemesis to weave a story around because they are undead.

In fairness, the show's almost never about zombies, really. It's about groups of people clashing or collaborating in a more primitive world. The zombies are just the challenging environment; you could move the whole thing to the jungle and replace zombies with wild animals or something and it wouldn't matter that much to the plot. Zombies are just trendy.

I think It's the classic and immortal human struggle of good vs evil. In this case the evil is something repugnant with no soul. You can't humanize or empathize with it. So that makes it good clean fun. Replace it with almost anything else like a minority group, ethnic population or demographic and the illusion fails. But zombies are the perfect nemesis to weave a story around because they are undead.

In fairness, the show's almost never about zombies, really. It's about groups of people clashing or collaborating in a more primitive world. The zombies are just the challenging environment; you could move the whole thing to the jungle and replace zombies with wild animals or something and it wouldn't matter that much to the plot. Zombies are just trendy.

+1 to both.

Most people that have never seen the show just think its like all other zombie shows/movies. Its focused on the survivors and he fall of humanity etc. If you have never seen and choose to start please do so from the beginning. So much has happened that if you start now you would be lost and will have missed some of the crucial moments that have made the show.

Thanks. That makes sense. I've never gotten the zombie fad, but with the show having a lot more depth, it's popularity makes sense.

Timmy, my wife and I were doing winery tours in northern Virginia last year and were staying in a cabin in the middle of no whereturn with no real services around. After a while we got bored, but noticed they had a dish connected to a TV but in the homeowners notes, he said it only had access to Netflix and we would have to have an account to log in and watch.....but apparently the last person staying there did not log out. So I thought I might as well try, the first thing on the list was The Walking Dead. We watched the first 3 or 4 episodes without saying a word to each other. As soon as we got back to Richmond, we found each season at the local library and watched them all until we got caught up. I would also suggest if you watch, start with the very first one too.

Top Bottom