What's new

Walking Dead thread...

i'm eagerly awaiting season 1 to come out on dvd. I was glad to see a giant Walking Dead poster at a bus stop when I drove by today

I just caught a commercial on AMC that next Friday night is a Walking Dead marathon and season 1 is coming out on Blue Ray. I hope they dont kill the series by doing something dumb, aka " jump the shark ".

Just a heads up to any B&B member who wants to catch up on The Walking Dead or see the first season (5 episodes I think) there is a marathon on Friday night.

It might be available to stream and/or download from Amazon. It's nice because you can watch episodes a la carte for a couple of bucks each, or buy the whole series and watch it at your own pace.

WOW!!

Watching the last episode of the marathon now. This show is amazing!! Thanks to the OP!! Kind of a combination of Lost, Firefly, and 28 Days. A very good series. Will definitely be watching season 2!!

Thanks again as I don't watch AMC and would have missed out!

Jay

WOW!!

Watching the last episode of the marathon now. This show is amazing!! Thanks to the OP!! Kind of a combination of Lost, Firefly, and 28 Days. A very good series. Will definitely be watching season 2!!

Thanks again as I don't watch AMC and would have missed out!

Jay

No problem, you're welcome. Im not a big tv show guy but when I originally caught the coming attractions for this show way back in September or so I said why not give it a shot.
I really hope it doesnt get stupid though and jump the shark.

I finally got to see the last 3 episodes last night (ended at 3 or 4am est). Good show. I'm looking forward to season 2 as well. I wish I had Tivo.

finished watching the season 1 dvd and loved it. I liked that Frank Darabont used some of the same actors from The Mist and the music was great. I actually got the wife to watch it and she said it was tense. the best part for me was that the show is more about survival and how people react in life threatening situations.

a couple things I noticed:

I can't recall if it was episode 3 or 4 but it was the scene where they dropped Jim off at the side of the road while the group was heading into Atlanta for the CDC. the music they were playing in the background was the same theme music used for the Danny Boyle film, Sunshine.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em7mzT48J4k[/youtube]

Dr. Jenner whispered something to Rick Grimes just before the CDC self destructed. Anyone have any theories what he said? My theory is that he told Rick the zombie outbreak originated at the CDC, meaning, someone there either developed it or it happened by accident.

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
I just down loaded the sixth episode last night. And then.... SIX EPISODES??? ARE YOU FREEKIN KIDDING ME???

For a US series this is hardly anything. Roll on October. I needs me more zombies.

I just down loaded the sixth episode last night. And then.... SIX EPISODES??? ARE YOU FREEKIN KIDDING ME???

For a US series this is hardly anything. Roll on October. I needs me more zombies.

I think it was originally supposed to be a mini-series, but once the ratings flew through the roof it got picked up for another season. hence, the reason there are only 6 episodes.

Top Bottom