What's new

Off to London...

Good morning Gents,
I am leaving for London this Friday for a few days for the first time. Besides the usual site-seeing, I wanted to do a little shopping. Any thoughts on some good shave related stores out there that I should visit. Also, are there any must have products over there that are still hard to acquire here?

Cheers!:biggrin1:

Good morning Gents,
I am leaving for London this Friday for a few days for the first time. Besides the usual site-seeing, I wanted to do a little shopping. Any thoughts on some good shave related stores out there that I should visit. Also, are there any must have products over there that are still hard to acquire here?

Visit the three T's and DR Harris - well worth it. Get a shave at Efe Barbers and definately see Harrods (try Macarons at Laduree) - impressive shave collection.

Suggestions on something to have in London that you can't get in US? Proper cup of tea with Milk Chocolate Digestives. Its what I missed the most when I lived in Seattle. I know shave unrelated but trust me.

Visit the three T's and DR Harris - well worth it.

Take your time when visiting the three Ts. Take a leisurely stroll down Jermyn Street to check out the various gentlemanly accoutrements on display in the shop windows. Walk through the Burlington and Piccadilly arcades. Check out Regent Street and Pall Mall as well for a taste of the good life.

The have a blowout Indian meal at Moti Mahal or Rasa Samudra.

Oops just found out what the 3 T's are, enjoy anyway, as i live in London i personally would stay away from Harrods and Oxford street unless you like crowds and i mean big crowds.

KB

Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like I'll have to find some time between the museums to squeeze these in. Luckily our hotel is relatively close to Jermyn Street and Bond Street.

Trust me I do intend on coming home with at least a couple new acquisitions and some shirts :thumbup:

Here's a reply I made to another thread of this nature...
Deep breath... Start at the Pall Mall end of St James' street, start walking and you'll find....
  • James Lock, for hats.
  • Berry Bros and Rudd, the Queens wine and spirit merchant.
  • Truefitt and Hill
Keep going!
  • JJ Fox for fine cigars.
  • DR. Harris.
Keep going!
  • Beretta Gallery, for guns.
Turn right on to Jermyn street.
  • Turnbull & Asser for shirts
  • TOBS
If you want Penhaligons take Piccadilly Arcade which is opposite TOBS, up there you'll find
  • Mont Blanc
  • Omega
  • Alexander McQueen.
Back to Jermyn Street the same way you came, coming out near TOBS, and carry on in your original direction, you'll hit
  • Czech and Speake
  • Foster and Son, for shoes.
  • Floris
When you hit Paxton and Whitfield cheese shop take your next left on to Duke of York street, for
  • Trumpers
Just off Duke of York street is Ormond Yard, look for Briggs Brothers Barbershop, a fascinating place. Maybe have a shave there instead of one of the usual suspects.

Back on to Duke of york street, keep walking and you'll hit St. James' square, where you can boo and hiss at the BP head office, and have a look at where Eisenhower's headquarters during World War II were, where Operation Torch and Operation Overlord were planned, or just walk round the gardens.​

I almost forgot: there is a Santa Maria Novella boutique in the Piccadilly Arcade.

And if you go to the Tate, don't miss the Fairy Feller.

Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like I'll have to find some time between the museums to squeeze these in. Luckily our hotel is relatively close to Jermyn Street and Bond Street.

Trust me I do intend on coming home with at least a couple new acquisitions and some shirts :thumbup:

Funnily enough it looks like I am in London this weekend also!

A proper martini at Dukes Bar in Dukes Hotel in St. James. Walking distance from Jermyn Street.

proxy.php

Last edited:
don't get a haircut or shave before going... since I have most of all the software mentioned I would invest in a haircut and a couple of shaves.

Good morning Gents,

Dan

If you are interested and times are mutually ok I would love to meet up and show you in Trumpers and introduce you to Alison at D.R. Harris. The offer is there if interested....

Gary

Dan

If you are interested and times are mutually ok I would love to meet up and show you in Trumpers and introduce you to Alison at D.R. Harris. The offer is there if interested....

Gary

Gary,
Thank you for the offer. Unfortunately I am going to have to decline. This trip was organized by the gf (she has numerous friends over there we are visiting) and I am not sure when the exact time is that we will be visiting these places. The last thing I want is you standing around waiting for me. But I do appreciate the offer. Hopefully I will be back soon and will have more time.

Thanks again!
-Dan

Gary,
Thank you for the offer. Unfortunately I am going to have to decline. This trip was organized by the gf (she has numerous friends over there we are visiting) and I am not sure when the exact time is that we will be visiting these places. The last thing I want is you standing around waiting for me. But I do appreciate the offer. Hopefully I will be back soon and will have more time.

Thanks again!
-Dan

Dan

No worries! I am up in London for an exhibition at London Olympia Saturday and Sunday. I am sure you will have a great time anyway! If you pop into D.R. Harris ask for Alison to show you around the counters and please say 'hello' to her from me!

Have a great weekend, etc.

Gary

Dan

No worries! I am up in London for an exhibition at London Olympia Saturday and Sunday. I am sure you will have a great time anyway! If you pop into D.R. Harris ask for Alison to show you around the counters and please say 'hello' to her from me!

Have a great weekend, etc.

Gary

Will do. Thanks again Gary. I will actually be in Henley on Saturday and officially getting to London on Sunday at some point. Hopefully Alison is working when I stop by!

Can one find EU Palmolive in a tube in London?

Might be the cheapest of all the suggestions -- and perhaps one of the best. :w00t::wink2:

Have a great trip. :thumbup:

Top Bottom