What's new

wierd laws in your state?

http://www.lawguru.com/weird/part01.html

here in New York

A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.

i was reading up on this site and saw a law that is totally ridiculous if they actually enforced this law i believe every man would have to pay this fine at least 6 times a day(at the very least)
me personally they would have to do much worst then make me wear horse blinders to stop .

P.S. i will be edditing this post later on tonight so Mrs. Smurf does not make me sleep on the couch.

When I lived in Cleveland Heights, they had some pretty strange laws. When my wife told me she wanted a cat, lease be damned, I lied through my teeth and told her with a perfectly straight fact that you can't have cats in Cleveland Heights when you have gas heat, to prevent furball fires.

I got in trouble about six months later, when she brought this up at work. It was worth it, though--- still no cats!!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
http://www.lawguru.com/weird/part01.html

here in New York

A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.

i was reading up on this site and saw a law that is totally ridiculous if they actually enforced this law i believe every man would have to pay this fine at least 6 times a day(at the very least)
me personally they would have to do much worst then make me wear horse blinders to stop .

P.S. i will be edditing this post later on tonight so Mrs. Smurf does not make me sleep on the couch

Too late, dude! You've already been quoted! :scared:

In Canada, it's a criminal office to "Alarm Her Majesty" ... makes April Fool's Day a real pain!

In Kingsville, Texas there is a law against two pigs having sex on the city's airport property.

Here's a law that should be enacted worldwide:

In Italy, anyone considered "obese" is forbidden from wearing polyester

Here are a few from the great state of Oklahoma:

No one may spit on a sidewalk.
This is ironic as I think half of the male population in Oklahoma uses Copenhagen, as evident by the sidewalks...

Tattoos are banned.
This one is misleading because it is "permanent" tattoos are banned. Well, the tattoo lobby convinced a judge that since the development of laser technology and tattoo removal, tattoos are no longer permanent. This opened the flood gates for tattoo parlors in Oklahoma now. They are facing other problems as the state decided to make each one of them put up some ridiculous bond before they can open their doors. The tattoo lobby is, of course, fighting this. Being the last state to legalize tattoos is funny sometimes...

Also in Oklahoma:

Whaling is illegal.

In Ada you can be jailed for wearing New York Jets clothing.

Elephants are not allowed in downtown Tulsa.

In the Province of Ontario (and in the majority of the rest of Canada), if you own a place of business where your only income from that facility of the sale of tobacco, you still aren't allowed to smoke in your own building.

Now, while I accept the concerns of second smoke in public places like bars and restaurants (note I said "accept", not "agree with"), you have one reason to go into a tobacconist, and that's to buy tobacco or tobacco related products.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
here in New York

Can anyone spare $3,000,000,00? I just got a summons in the mail.

M

modern man

Can anyone spare $3,000,000,00? I just got a summons in the mail.

Nice to see you behaved yourself in NY.

I would hate to see your fine if the laws were that way in Tokyo.

Florida has a few good (stupid) ones.

It is considered an offense to shower naked.

You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.

You may not kiss your wife's breasts.
:skep: How do they enforce this one? Are breasts other than your wife's permissable? :confused1

Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.

Destin states that a cat that viciously chases passers-by is a ‘bad cat’.

In Tampa, women may not expose their breasts while performing "topless dancing". (they have to wear tape or pasties over their nipples)

And in Sarasota, you may not catch crabs. Well, you might, but it's apparently illegal.

Here are some stupid laws in CA.

Baldwin Park
Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.

Blythe
You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows. (Those would be some expensive cowboy boots - not to mention the upkeep!)

Chico
Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.
(That's it??? $500... I don't think $500 is going to stop someone. What about outside the city?)

Blythe
You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows. (Those would be some expensive cowboy boots - not to mention the upkeep!)

I wholeheartedly support that law though, I must say.

Chico
(That's it??? $500... I don't think $500 is going to stop someone. What about outside the city?)

Well, Berkeley CA is a nuclear free zone. There are signs on all the roads as you enter, just to make sure everybody remembers to leave their nuclear devices in Oakland. I don't know that anybody told Lawrence Berkeley Labs, though......

-Mo

A few from the UK that haven't been repealed yet;

In Hereford you can shoot a Welsh person all day on a Sunday, with a Longbow, in the Cathedral Close.

It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

A bed may not be hung out of a window.

It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.

It is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises.

Taxi drivers are required to ask all passengers if they have smallpox or the plague.

Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks (enacted by Edward VI).

Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked mannequin.

Throughout the whole of England it is illegal to eat mince pies on the 25th of December.

You can shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow in Chester, inside the city walls and after midnight.

Not sure what the Welsh have done to annoy the law makers.

Vin.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Nice to see you behaved yourself in NY.

I would hate to see your fine if the laws were that way in Tokyo.

I'd be facing death by ungabunga.

Here are some stupid laws in CA.

Chico

Hey, I've got $500!

Florida has a few good (stupid) ones.

It is considered an offense to shower naked.

You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.

You may not kiss your wife's breasts.
:skep: How do they enforce this one? Are breasts other than your wife's permissable? :confused1

Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.

Destin states that a cat that viciously chases passers-by is a ‘bad cat’.

In Tampa, women may not expose their breasts while performing "topless dancing". (they have to wear tape or pasties over their nipples)

And in Sarasota, you may not catch crabs. Well, you might, but it's apparently illegal.

Given a few of those laws, I'm surprised men actually live in Florida!

I hear there is a by-law in Canada where you can't water your lawn when it's raining
Can't chop down tall trees. The royal navy has first rights to use them as ship masts.
I heard that the Canadian laws concerning music piracy still use the word "gramophone" to describe a recording.

Top Bottom