Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: wierd laws in your state?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Astoria,New York
    Posts
    3,993
    Images
    220

    Default wierd laws in your state?

    http://www.lawguru.com/weird/part01.html

    here in New York

    A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.


    i was reading up on this site and saw a law that is totally ridiculous if they actually enforced this law i believe every man would have to pay this fine at least 6 times a day(at the very least)
    me personally they would have to do much worst then make me wear horse blinders to stop .


    P.S. i will be edditing this post later on tonight so Mrs. Smurf does not make me sleep on the couch.

  2. #2

    Default

    When I lived in Cleveland Heights, they had some pretty strange laws. When my wife told me she wanted a cat, lease be damned, I lied through my teeth and told her with a perfectly straight fact that you can't have cats in Cleveland Heights when you have gas heat, to prevent furball fires.

    I got in trouble about six months later, when she brought this up at work. It was worth it, though--- still no cats!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    24,018
    Images
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
    http://www.lawguru.com/weird/part01.html

    here in New York

    A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.

    i was reading up on this site and saw a law that is totally ridiculous if they actually enforced this law i believe every man would have to pay this fine at least 6 times a day(at the very least)
    me personally they would have to do much worst then make me wear horse blinders to stop .

    P.S. i will be edditing this post later on tonight so Mrs. Smurf does not make me sleep on the couch
    .
    Too late, dude! You've already been quoted!

    In Canada, it's a criminal office to "Alarm Her Majesty" ... makes April Fool's Day a real pain!
    Be there or be square. Only I can do both!

    "My lord, I will use them according to their desert."

    "God's bodykins, man, much better: use every man
    after his desert, and who should 'scape whipping?"

    Veteran of the Great Irisch Moos Campaign of 2008-09

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Astoria,New York
    Posts
    3,993
    Images
    220
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc4 View Post
    Too late, dude! You've already been quoted!

    In Canada, it's a criminal office to "Alarm Her Majesty" ... makes April Fool's Day a real pain!


    Thanks a lot Doc.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    El estado solitario de la estrella
    Posts
    3,345

    Default

    In Kingsville, Texas there is a law against two pigs having sex on the city's airport property.

    Here's a law that should be enacted worldwide:

    In Italy, anyone considered "obese" is forbidden from wearing polyester
    Last edited by slcsteve; 05-09-2007 at 10:06 AM.
    Steve


    Id imperfectum manet dum confectum erit

    "They bought me a box of tin soldiers,/I threw all the Generals away,/I smashed up the Sergeants and Majors,/Now I play with my Privates all day." Archibald Leach

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK USA
    Posts
    274
    Images
    14

    Default

    Here are a few from the great state of Oklahoma:

    No one may spit on a sidewalk.
    This is ironic as I think half of the male population in Oklahoma uses Copenhagen, as evident by the sidewalks...

    Tattoos are banned.
    This one is misleading because it is "permanent" tattoos are banned. Well, the tattoo lobby convinced a judge that since the development of laser technology and tattoo removal, tattoos are no longer permanent. This opened the flood gates for tattoo parlors in Oklahoma now. They are facing other problems as the state decided to make each one of them put up some ridiculous bond before they can open their doors. The tattoo lobby is, of course, fighting this. Being the last state to legalize tattoos is funny sometimes...
    Daniel

    [B]Razor:[/B] Merkur Futur
    [B]Brush:[/B] Vulfix Super #375
    [B]Blade:[/B] Feather
    [B]Soap:[/B] Mama's Rosemary Mint, Proraso green, C&E Sienna, C&E Almond, and QED Tangerine Peppermint
    [B]Post:[/B] Proraso, QED Aftershave balm

    Having trouble with your lather? Try reading [URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21136"]this[/URL].

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Also in Oklahoma:

    Whaling is illegal.

    In Ada you can be jailed for wearing New York Jets clothing.

    Elephants are not allowed in downtown Tulsa.
    - E.J.

    My [url="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14714"]Hall of Fame entry[/url].

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Shearstown, NL (a surburb of Bay Roberts)
    Posts
    1,674
    Images
    6

    Default

    In the Province of Ontario (and in the majority of the rest of Canada), if you own a place of business where your only income from that facility of the sale of tobacco, you still aren't allowed to smoke in your own building.

    Now, while I accept the concerns of second smoke in public places like bars and restaurants (note I said "accept", not "agree with"), you have one reason to go into a tobacconist, and that's to buy tobacco or tobacco related products.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Shearstown, NL (a surburb of Bay Roberts)
    Posts
    1,674
    Images
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TromboneGuy View Post
    Also in Oklahoma:

    Whaling is illegal.....snip
    Pffffffftttttttt, and of course it should be. Look what they did to the species, they're extinct in Oklahoma now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Astoria,New York
    Posts
    3,993
    Images
    220
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    Pffffffftttttttt, and of course it should be. Look what they did to the species, they're extinct in Oklahoma now.


    rofl poor whales

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ & The Fortress of Solitude
    Posts
    44,146
    Images
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
    here in New York

    A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.
    Can anyone spare $3,000,000,00? I just got a summons in the mail.
    Director of the B&B Stjynnkii Membörd Dummpsjterd.

    Badger & Blade- the most reasonable place on Earth.

    Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post
    Can anyone spare $3,000,000,00? I just got a summons in the mail.
    Nice to see you behaved yourself in NY.

    I would hate to see your fine if the laws were that way in Tokyo.
    -Will

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Gainesville Florida
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Florida has a few good (stupid) ones.

    It is considered an offense to shower naked.

    You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.

    You may not kiss your wife's breasts.
    How do they enforce this one? Are breasts other than your wife's permissable?

    Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.

    Destin states that a cat that viciously chases passers-by is a ‘bad cat’.

    In Tampa, women may not expose their breasts while performing "topless dancing". (they have to wear tape or pasties over their nipples)

    And in Sarasota, you may not catch crabs. Well, you might, but it's apparently illegal.
    Ted

    General rules of EMS - excerpts
    - In any given Code Blue, check your own pulse first. If you've got one, it's not your emergency.
    - 9-1-1 = "you call, we haul"
    - It can be fun to yell "Game on!" when pushing the Narcan ... [SIZE="1"](thanks Doc Mottern!)[/SIZE]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Astoria,New York
    Posts
    3,993
    Images
    220
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkOrange View Post

    And in Sarasota, you may not catch crabs. Well, you might, but it's apparently illegal.

    what kind of crabs are we talking here bud?

  15. #15

    Default

    Here are some stupid laws in CA.

    Baldwin Park
    Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.

    Blythe
    You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows. (Those would be some expensive cowboy boots - not to mention the upkeep!)

    Chico
    Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.
    (That's it??? $500... I don't think $500 is going to stop someone. What about outside the city?)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Warmer and Sunnier
    Posts
    3,557
    Images
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RAD... Me? No... View Post
    Blythe
    You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows. (Those would be some expensive cowboy boots - not to mention the upkeep!)
    I wholeheartedly support that law though, I must say.

    Chico
    Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.
    (That's it??? $500... I don't think $500 is going to stop someone. What about outside the city?)
    Well, Berkeley CA is a nuclear free zone. There are signs on all the roads as you enter, just to make sure everybody remembers to leave their nuclear devices in Oakland. I don't know that anybody told Lawrence Berkeley Labs, though......

    -Mo

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Birmingham (England)
    Posts
    33

    Default

    A few from the UK that haven't been repealed yet;

    In Hereford you can shoot a Welsh person all day on a Sunday, with a Longbow, in the Cathedral Close.

    It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

    A bed may not be hung out of a window.

    It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.

    It is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises.

    Taxi drivers are required to ask all passengers if they have smallpox or the plague.

    Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks (enacted by Edward VI).

    Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked mannequin.

    Throughout the whole of England it is illegal to eat mince pies on the 25th of December.

    You can shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow in Chester, inside the city walls and after midnight.


    Not sure what the Welsh have done to annoy the law makers.

    Vin.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ & The Fortress of Solitude
    Posts
    44,146
    Images
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mottern View Post
    Nice to see you behaved yourself in NY.

    I would hate to see your fine if the laws were that way in Tokyo.
    I'd be facing death by ungabunga.

    Quote Originally Posted by RAD... Me? No... View Post
    Here are some stupid laws in CA.

    Chico
    Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.
    (That's it??? $500... I don't think $500 is going to stop someone. What about outside the city?)

    Hey, I've got $500!
    Director of the B&B Stjynnkii Membörd Dummpsjterd.

    Badger & Blade- the most reasonable place on Earth.

    Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Somewhere between Wisconsin and New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkOrange View Post
    Florida has a few good (stupid) ones.

    It is considered an offense to shower naked.

    You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.

    You may not kiss your wife's breasts.
    How do they enforce this one? Are breasts other than your wife's permissable?

    Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.

    Destin states that a cat that viciously chases passers-by is a ‘bad cat’.

    In Tampa, women may not expose their breasts while performing "topless dancing". (they have to wear tape or pasties over their nipples)

    And in Sarasota, you may not catch crabs. Well, you might, but it's apparently illegal.

    Given a few of those laws, I'm surprised men actually live in Florida!
    ~Matt

    [I]I want to live until I die. No more, no less.
    [/I]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    456

    Default

    I hear there is a by-law in Canada where you can't water your lawn when it's raining
    Can't chop down tall trees. The royal navy has first rights to use them as ship masts.
    I heard that the Canadian laws concerning music piracy still use the word "gramophone" to describe a recording.
    Frank

    "If it was meant to be thrown away how good can it be?"
    MAD magazine spoofing Good news Disposable razor

Similar Threads

  1. Are us lot wierd?
    By taffy in forum General Straight Razor Talk
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 11:04 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 05:52 PM
  3. When do you cut off the in-laws?
    By Wendy in forum The Barber Shop
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 04:11 PM
  4. Man Laws:
    By TraderJoe in forum The Barber Shop
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 05:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.