What's new

What didn't I do?

Soak my face first....OUCH!!!

I was in a rush tonight. I oiled up, worked a brilliant lather and began to shave, totally forgetting to wet my face for a minute first. I was getting in the bath so shaved first, I should have, in hindsight, bathed first then shaved. In the words of Randy Travis, Hindsights 20-20.

I have a smooth shave, BUT it took twice as long, was no where near as comfortable, have a few spots I have missed but I am just too sore to go shave them. Talk about a rash, even my Nivea balm I put on afterwards hurt like hell, I looked twice at the bottle believing it to be after shave. It wasn't it was just balm but with the neck burn from hell it felt like AS.

That's why I am a newbie. Elementary mistake but one lives and one learns. Next time I am going to soak my skin for that long the stubble falls off.

Argggghhh

proxy.php

Simon

Not to worry, we all get in a rush sometimes. Now you have learned the importance of the prep. A lesson you won't forget.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
It sounds like due to the fact you were rushing, you were also pressing on the razor. That will get you even with good prep.

Like you said.......you won't do that again.:001_smile

A lesson well learned! As you get more experience, you will be able to find the shortcuts (is that a pun?) you can make when wanting a quicker shave.

It sounds like due to the fact you were rushing, you were also pressing on the razor. That will get you even with good prep.

Like you said.......you won't do that again.:001_smile

+1 I agree, it sounds like you were applying a little too much pressure. It will get you every time.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Prep is the foundation of the shave. Bad foundation, bad structure... You are learning the hard way... Good luck on your next shave!

Top Bottom