What's new

Mild razor for beginners.

I'm looking for a mild DE safety razor to give as a gift to someone who has never used one before. I don't want to spend a lot in case he doesn't want to use it or doesn't like it. Suggestions?
Thanks.

The other guys already suggested the SS, and I'll agree, and throw the Gillette New into the ring, as well. Just because open comb is the way to go for all the cool kids!:001_cool:

All these vintage this and vintage that, any new DE razors that meet the mild requirement?
Mild? Yes. Inexpensive? Not really, at least as far as spending money on something that the friend may not enjoy at all. If the friend likes it, awesome, he can go for EJ DE89L afterward. :)

Last edited:
P

Pjotr

All these vintage this and vintage that, any new DE razors that meet the mild requirement?

The Ball-End Tech with the Gillette engraving on the head is the coolest, most understated looking DE razor out there I think. Beautifull balanced too with a solid handle. And a very mild shave and you can pick a collector grade one up for $20. Half that for a user grade. About half to a quarter of the price of a decent new razor. No brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom