Thread: A little help please...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A little help please...

I have a friend making me a shave rack. I'm knew to Wet Shaving, so I don't have a lot of things. (Have been concentrating on razors) I don't have any soaps yet (plenty of Mama Bear's samples I'm working my way through!). I know I will order some, and probably get at least one wooden bowl, not to mention other brands. So, can someone tell me the width of a typical shaving soap bowl? I want to make sure the shelf is adequate.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by skvinson View Post
    I have a friend making me a shave rack. I'm knew to Wet Shaving, so I don't have a lot of things. (Have been concentrating on razors) I don't have any soaps yet (plenty of Mama Bear's samples I'm working my way through!). I know I will order some, and probably get at least one wooden bowl, not to mention other brands. So, can someone tell me the width of a typical shaving soap bowl? I want to make sure the shelf is adequate.

Thanks!
    For a Lather bowl measure the side to side diameter of an average cereal, or soup bowl. For soap storage bowls about 3-4 inches across. Remember you can also melt, or grate, a soap to fit any container you choose, so the size doesn't have to be exact.

Clayton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks! I knew it wasn't exact. I just wondered about those wooden containers that you can get for Mama Bear's, Taylor of Old Bond, D.R. Harris, Trumper, etc.