What's new

Pre-shave oil question

Should I be using a pre shave oil before all 3 passes?

I am using the art of shaving pre shave oil and Edwin Jagger aloe soap.

Pre-shave oil should only be used to make your skin more pliable, not as a lubricant. A couple of drops should be rubbed into your skin until it is gone to be effective. Too many people think it is a lubricant, its not. Your lather is the lubricant. If you feel like your razor is dragging and grabbing, it is probably being caused by bad lather.

Should I be using a pre shave oil before all 3 passes?

I am using the art of shaving pre shave oil and Edwin Jagger aloe soap.

I haven't used AOS preshave oil in about a year, but from what I remember it was extremely thick and would last for all of my passes. I generally make 3-4 passes. I have since moved on to another pre-shave oil that I like better. It is made by Crew, it has eucyliptis(sp?), feels great on the skin and is not as heavy. Just my 2 centavos...

Shane

I haven't used AOS preshave oil in about a year, but from what I remember it was extremely thick and would last for all of my passes. I generally make 3-4 passes. I have since moved on to another pre-shave oil that I like better. It is made by Crew, it has eucyliptis(sp?), feels great on the skin and is not as heavy. Just my 2 centavos...

Shane

How much do you use? And how do you get the oil off your hands after application to your face? The first time I used it, I couldn't help but notice how slick it made my hands ... made me a little nervous to handle the razor ...

If the oil is not working for you try Noxema instead. Wet face with warm /hot water, cover face with Noxema and let it work in (do NOT rinse off) then lather up right over the Noxema. I find I get better results than with evoo pre-shave oil.

STAY SHAVED

Top Bottom