What's new

Chosera 1K

After debating for awhile as to a new bevel setter to replace my DMT I finally decided on the chosera 1K. I was thinking of getting something cut to a narrow width or using one of the edge pro hones as I hone a lot of smiling razors and thought it'd be easier on the narrow hone.

After much thought I forked over the dough for a Chosera 1K as they are 1" thick and if I have problem razors with warped spines/tangs or smiling razors I can just flip it on the side and use it that way.

Hopefully I'll enjoy this one better than my DMT's. I get the feeling my DMT 325 will still get a lot of work for establishing bevels on wedges, but I can't wait to get the Chosera and hopefully it will make the transition to a coticule very easy (not that I don't find the transition from the DMT 600 to coticule hard or anything). Plus I think it will be easier to use on kitchen knives rather than the DMT.

Sigh....HAD is HAD. I now am thinking of which direction I'll go to fulfill a synthetic progression from the Chosera to my Shapton 30K - you know just to have :001_rolle

Wow, that's a great site.

Love the Kikuichi sharpening video. The guy has great technique and the music was fun.

Hope you enjoy the stone!

Top Bottom