What's new

Karl Engels

I hate to be Mr. Bumpity Bump, but REALLY? no one else thinks this razor is as cool as I do? If that's so how come somebody bid a buck past my cap? I just love that handle! :001_wub:

That was a very cool razor. And was it designed for Karl Engel? Wonder about its history. And if someone from this forum got it, I hope we see some more photos.

That was a very cool razor. And was it designed for Karl Engel? Wonder about its history. And if someone from this forum got it, I hope we see some more photos.

I hope so too, as I would at least love to get a better look at this razor.

Your post got me interested, and I found this on German ebay:

proxy.php

Now I'm hooked...

Apparently Engels also made a razor with an open/closed comb design:

proxy.php
:

Last edited:
Your post got me interested, and I found this on German ebay:

proxy.php

Now I'm hooked...

ooh! that one's nice too! I'd really like to add one to my collection, they don't seem very common, but who knows in time maybe another will come up.

I think it looks pretty cool too. The head looks pretty unique to me, so I really want to see some different angles. I haven't seen one in the past, so I threw my bid in the mix. Sorry! I will post some pictures when it arrives.

I think it looks pretty cool too. The head looks pretty unique to me, so I really want to see some different angles. I haven't seen one in the past, so I threw my bid in the mix. Sorry! I will post some pictures when it arrives.

Bastard! :a31:

I am prepared to forgive you for outbidding me if you post lots of pretty pictures of this razor.

Gents,
this razor will soon be mine. It found no buyer on ebay, and the gentleman offering it agreed to sell it to me, offbay so to speak. I'm really looking forward to this!:001_smile

Nice! Man, you made my heart skip a beat. My subscription only showed me the text of your message, so I thought you were talking about the razor I won. I was in a panic for a minute there. :) Post some more pictures when it arrives!

Item number: 190499642184
Item location: Arnhem, Netherlands
Ships to: United States

Seller/item is in the Netherlands, but only ships to US adresses? :blink:
*** is up with that?
Any ideas? Anybody?

Item number: 190499642184
Item location: Arnhem, Netherlands
Ships to: United States

Seller/item is in the Netherlands, but only ships to US adresses? :blink:
*** is up with that?
Any ideas? Anybody?

The seller has come to the conclusion that they will get a lot more for their razors selling them on the US ebay than the local one. He seems to be doing pretty well with that since I have watched and declined to bid or been outbid on several of his auctions. Nice stuff, unusual for this market, probably common as Gillette Techs in his neck of the woods.

Europe doesn't seem to be such a hot market for vintage DEs as the US, apparently. Very few razors on offer over here.
But Engels razors are rare, these are the first I've come across, and there's not much talk about them on German forums ttbomk.

The seller has come to the conclusion that they will get a lot more for their razors selling them on the US ebay than the local one.
Ah okay, that sounds plausible.
Personally I never use ebay.nl as there are better (=cheaper) ways to make local deals.
Think I'll use that guy's trick too if I ever want to sell stuff on eBay. Thanks.

OK, I've been had.
The razor is tiny, like one of those trimmers for beards. The head is formed like a DE allright, but at approximately a quarter of the size.
Even if I could find blades for it, there's no way I could use it to shave.
Well, money invested to teach me the ways of the internet....and to read the description more carefully!

:mad3: @ myself

OK, I've been had.
The razor is tiny, like one of those trimmers for beards. The head is formed like a DE allright, but at approximately a quarter of the size.
Well, money invested to teach me the ways of the internet....and to read the description more carefully!

What you got is a corn razor. Merkur still makes a version of this, which they now sometimes call a moustache razor.

OK, I've been had.

Bummer man. How's the handle? will it work with other heads?

Top Bottom