What's new

whiteheads?

Last month I noticed that I get whitehead pimples around mouth and nose area day after shave. I usually shave before bed and in morning I need to pop out about 5-10 pimples, they are wipe off type, no pain or blood from them but I am sick of them cause I rid of those bastards years ago and now I get them again.
I am pretty sure my new shaving method has to do something with this

I use...Omega Professional boar brush, Sensor excell, Nivea shaving cream
before this I often used Avene sensitive skin gel can and applied by hand
I never shave against and I do it pretty gently, masaging my skin with brush only in up-down motions, very gently

What do you think?

I've noticed I'm getting a few more too, I was hoping it's just my skin getting used to a new shaving method. I'm getting them under my nose and on my chin. It's not every time I shave mind you.

Try using the Avene gel again, and see if that helps, if it does, then it is some ingredient in the Nivea causing you to breakout. If it isn't the Nivea, then it is probably your technique, but try the Avene without changing anything and then if that doesn't help work on the technique. You might also want to add some witch hazel to your post shave routine, seems to be helping quite a few people.

Last edited:
I've found this Nivea cream delight to use, its creamy, moisturizing and great overall. Price is unbeatable
Avene is nice but costly, around 25 USD over here, and last around month and half if I shave daily...

I need to find out why are they coming out,
I use Avene balm for aftershave but found Nivea sensitive be almost good for a half price

Quit using the Cartridge Razor --whiteheads are a common result of using CR's. The whiteheads are from 'shaving too close', and the whiskers are retracting below the skin, then fester.

Use of a quality soap and brush, along with a good DE will solve the problem.

-- John Gehman

just take a new cream to try...croatian original Brinell sensitive
very nice feeling, Aloa vera inside and says it's non comedonic
we will see in the morning if any white bastard appears:001_smile

I've notice that when I do three full passes, I also get them around my mouth, especially above my lips. I think that the shave is too close (as someone stated earlier). I've switched to two passes (except around my chin, where I do a third). That seems to have eliminated the problem.

I never got this problem with straights, but it recently popped up when I switched full-time to a safety razor. I added a little patience (less speed and pressure) and subtracted skin stretching--that seemed to do the trick. For reference, I've always used witch hazel and jojoba oil as post-shave treatments.

this morning one appeared:thumbup1:
so it was the shaving cream, and no I never do 3 passes, seems a lot for me, once down and one east-west motion

Top Bottom