What's new

Creams similar to The Body Shop Maca Root and Muhle Sea Buckthorn

Hi,

I am a newbie as far as using silvertip badger brush and top notch shave creams. I recently acquired a Muhle silvertip brush and Muhle’s own Sea Buckthorn shave cream. I have also tried TBS Maca Root Shave Cream recently.

I must state that I am extremely happy I made this transition from using canned goop (Gillette etc) to a nice brush + cream combo. Wish I had discovered this pleasure a long time back.

Both these creams are outstanding, though the Muhle Sea Buckthorn is significantly more expensive (Euro 15 for 100 gms – Muhle v/ Euro 10 for 180 gms - TBS). I stay in India and hence have to import the Muhle creams. TBS is available locally and easily.

I would like to try some of the famous English creams such as TOBS, Trumpers, D R Harris etc. I’ll be buying these creams online and importing them to India.

I need recommendations on English creams that will offer similar shave qualities of the 2 creams I have used so far. In particular, I am looking for outstanding moisturisation, cushion, thick meringue like lather and a nice fragrance. Basically, creams which leave my face feeling so good, I can dispense with an after shave lotion / balm altogether.

So which creams will your recommend?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards

Mohan

If I lived in India, I'd be trying out Yardley of London Gold Elegance and Godrej Rich Foam.

Both excellent choices. I love the scent of Yardley Gold, and of Godrej for that matter. There a ton of creams made in India so you shouldn't have a problem finding one. I also really like Morison's Cool Citrus and Palmolive.

As far as English creams go, it's hard to miss with Trumpers Coconut. One other option you might have to cut your costs a bit is to order the rebranded Edwin Jagger creams. It's the same stuff as Muhle.

Top Bottom