What's new

How many strops do you have?

I have 4, an Abrose horsehide, one from ebays Starshaving that is pasted with CrO, A 3" hard felt from SRD with .25 diamond and one in the mail, a black latigo 3" from SRD.

Some of them don't get much use but I have 8. An Ambrose Spanish horsehide, an Illinois 127, a vintage Dubl Duck shell, a vintage Suntorbach shell, a vintage Made for Rexall horsehide, a vintage Russian horsehide paddle strop, a balsawood CrOx pasted bench strop and a felt diamond pasted bench strop.

A newly minted Roo/Bovine combo by Legion (David), a TM horsehide/cotton, a TM black latigo/cotton, A Neil Miller natural linen, a SRD red latigo/felt, a SRD paddle with various leathers and felt, a Kanayama 80000, a 3" Horween cordovan/cotton web.
So I have 8 combination strops.

One Poorman's strop is all I have.It is nicked pretty badly at both ends.I really need a real strop.
I decided on a Tony Miller strop but I have not found one for sale.

Paul

5 in total - top 2 are the workhorses that I use for daily shaves
1 ruprazor paladin horsehide
1 homemade horsehide
1 Ambrose Cordovan
1 homemade cowhide pasted with CrOX
1 Lee Valley paddle pasted with CrOX

I have three strops. A TM practice strop, a 3" TM red latigo, and a Kanayama. The practice strop goes in the suitcase and I use it when travelling. When at home I bounce between the Tony Miller latigo and the Kanayama depending how I feel that day.

I have two balsa strops. One has CrOx the other has 1 micron diamond paste. Since I use these for sharpening a blade, I don't know if you sould call these strops or hones.

That being said, I have three or five strops. It depends how you define strop.

I have a one of Legion's beginner strops and I am saving up for one of his deluxe kangaroo ones.

I also have a Dovo, but I don't use that one any more.

Top Bottom