What's new

Any opinions on Weber Stainless Steel grill

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
My 40 year anniversary with my company is coming up and I got the catalog for selecting a gift the other day. I don't need any more fishing poles, golf clubs, cameras and watches. So the one item that caught my eye was a Weber all stainless steel grill. Since our grill is on the way out, and I was thinking of replacing it anyways this year, the Weber should be a good replacement. I have heard that Weber is a great name in grills, so is anybody out here that has this grill, let me know what you think about it.

i don't have the stainless model , but I have a weber that is about ten years old. It still looks like new. They are well worth the money. With most other grills you have to replace the burners every few years. You will not have this with Weber Grills. The grates also hold up for many years , unlike the less expensive brands. One thing to watch is to make sure you get stainless steel grates. Home Depot had been selling models with cast iron grates , stay away from those. Also with Webers , the cooking surface is very even , no hot spots. Weber customer service is excellent as well. I used to mange an Ace Hardware store years ago, so I used to deal with weber directly very often.
On a side note , I would love to get in contact with you about getting one of those incredible brushes of yours. I also have a handle I wold like to send out to you to re knot.

Rudy,
While Weber is not the only name in town it certainly is a well respected one. As has been noted the service is top notch and parts are readily available.
I have rescued several and rehabbed them easily. If you can store the grill out of the weather it will last decades.:001_smile

My father purchased this one last year. It is pretty nice. Whatever you end up purchasing, make sure to get one that has readily available parts (like a Weber). The last thing you want is to have to replace the entire grill because one parts breaks.

My weber was by far the best grill i've ever had. The even heating from the flavorizer bars, and the weight of the stainless provides excellent heat dispersion and retention. And as someone else said replacement parts are easy to come by when you need them- and you will need them at some point. I really miss my weber, but I got such a great deal on my current one that I couldn't justify the extra expense until it dies.

Get the weber, you won't be dissappointed.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Thanks guys, exactly what I wanted to hear!!
Demaro send me a pm or e-mail.

If you don't get the one from your company look at Ducane. They are owned and made by Weber with the service and parts. The price is also significantly less than Weber.

i don't have the stainless model , but I have a weber that is about ten years old. It still looks like new. They are well worth the money. With most other grills you have to replace the burners every few years. You will not have this with Weber Grills. The grates also hold up for many years , unlike the less expensive brands. One thing to watch is to make sure you get stainless steel grates. Home Depot had been selling models with cast iron grates , stay away from those. Also with Webers , the cooking surface is very even , no hot spots. Weber customer service is excellent as well. I used to mange an Ace Hardware store years ago, so I used to deal with weber directly very often.
On a side note , I would love to get in contact with you about getting one of those incredible brushes of yours. I also have a handle I wold like to send out to you to re knot.

+1 except I like the cast iron grates. They give amazing grill marks (if that's important to you). Weber makes a great product.

I prefer charcoal grilles, personally. Propane grilles are easier but the flavor isn't like what you'd get on a charcoal grille.

Taste the meat, not the heat!:001_smile

Or as the esteemed Hank Hill says, "taste the food, not the fuel." (And you just read that in his voice)

That being said, I splurged on a Weber E-210, the very entry level gas grill they make about a year ago. It cooks like a dream. I never realized how awful my old el-cheapo Charbroil really was until I started using the Weber. Count me in as another solid vote for these grills!

I prefer charcoal grilles, personally. Propane grilles are easier but the flavor isn't like what you'd get on a charcoal grille.

Sooner or later you will surrender and end up owning both. At the very least you need charcoal to make s'mores.

Last edited:

I second that notion. Propane is easy to start, but its just nowhere near as satisfying. Its the difference between a cartridge and a razor. You're in your out, but somewhere along the line, you didn't enjoy it as much as you deserve. And try low and slow with propane. How many bottles, for how long???

All the Webers are great! I've used the charcoal in the past and recently got a propane one after researching the topic carefully. Decided that Weber was the way to go!

Top Bottom