What's new

John Deere Z445 EZtrak mower

Today my wife and I purchased a new John Deere Z445 EZtrac mower from the local John Deere dealership. We have a small 13hp Murray mower that has been giving us trouble. We had someone do work on it last winter but it just limped through this last summer. Seems as if the transmission is in bad shape. At any rate, we were going to try and get through this next summer with it and buy a new mower next year. We were out this morning and my wife said we should go look at new mowers. To make a long story short, we did, and we bought one. The zero-radius turn and 8.5 mph speed was very appealing and ultimately the selling point for us. Instead of the Briggs and Statton engine, the Z445 has a 25hp Kawasaki engine, and a 48" cutting width. We are very excited.

Initially we thought we wanted the 2305 Utility tractor with mower deck attachment and shreader attachment but the cost would have been around 12k. We have four acres, two which is manicured lawn, and two which is pasture. We didn't want to spend the 12k because the tractor would not be practical for our lawn. We think the zero radius mower will suite our needs for now. We can always pay someone to come and shread the 2 acres of unimproved land.

Any of you guys own a John Deere Zero Radius mower? If so, can you fill me in on your opinion?

Last edited:
Top Bottom