What's new

Shaving on the cheap: still more shaving bowl options

Don't laugh...small size shallow PET DISHES.

These stainless bowls are $3CAD each. Note the embossed paw print bottom which could enhance lathering. Find a matching bowl to sit it on and you have a scuttle.

proxy.php

This one I bought at a Burke's Outlet store for $1.99. The white areas are unglazed and allow a good grip. It's made of very thick ceramic and it actually looks pretty cool and is a deeper red color than the pic shows. :lol: I purchased it as a nut dish but I might consider it for lathering duty.

proxy.php

Last edited:
The stainless looks like my lather bowl without all the paw marks. I picked my lather/food dish bowl up at a local chow hound store.:)

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
It doesn't matter if it's a pet dish or not.

They seem great, but I am surprised you got them for so little. My shaving cup was about $5 and my stainless steel pet dishes run at around $6 each (after shopping around!). :thumbup:

Aside from Wal-Mart, stores like TJ Maxx/Mashalls, Tuesday Morning and Big Lots are full of all sorts of interesting and inexpensive bowls and containers appropriate for shaving.

Found at Wal-Mart:

proxy.php

Glass salt cellar (w/lid, not shown). I think it was $2.99.

@ TJ Maxx:

proxy.php

Le Cruset ramekin. 2/$6.99, so not exactly super cheap, but I liked the style. The interior diameter of both is about 3".

Last edited:
I have a few bowls, but I usually just lather in my off-hand. Works just as well, makes it easy to drain excess water, and I never waste any lather, cuz I can just apply with my, um.... hand.

Wal-Mart has Durapet stainless pet bowls with a rubber rim base. Works well for me.

I was in Wal-Mart this morning and saw one of those; the quality is excellent. Very heavy stainless and the finish on them was like a freakin' mirror. The rubber base is nice too...you're really have to work at dropping a bowl like that.

$4.15 for the .75 pint size (small).

Didn't buy, but a nice bowl.

Top Bottom