What's new

having trouble shaving below chin

I am getting nicked under my chin. I'm not able to get as close a shaving in the area under my chin down to my adams apple and between those areas especially. I have a sharp chin and a kind of pronounced jawline, which makes it difficult. How should I go about shaving those areas?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Try to go slow, no pressure, pay attention to the blade angle.

Did you face map the growth of your beard? You could also pull the skin a little to make it go around the angle of the chin.

I'd go with Luc's suggestion about pulling the skin a bit. Also, look up and stretch the skin that way.

Try to go slow, no pressure, pay attention to the blade angle.

Did you face map the growth of your beard? You could also pull the skin a little to make it go around the angle of the chin.

+1

This is exactly what I was gonna say.

Best of luck,
Dave

Without your telling us how you go about shaving that area, it is difficult to really add too many tips. I hope that you at least understand that it will take more than one pass to get the smooth shave that you seek and the chin/neck area is certainly awkward for most people who are starting out.
One of the best tips that I have seen is to swallow and then hold your breath whilst you are shaving your throat as this will make your Adam's Apple less prominent and therefore make that area easier to shave.

Last edited:
While I'm certainly no expert, what's helped for me is better prep, stretching the skin a bit, and lighter, slower, shorter strokes. I often don't worry about the first pass that much, that area seems to take longer for the whiskers to soften up.

I am getting nicked under my chin. I'm not able to get as close a shaving in the area under my chin down to my adams apple and between those areas especially. I have a sharp chin and a kind of pronounced jawline, which makes it difficult. How should I go about shaving those areas?
That's a tough area for everyone. You just gotta work it out for yourself. Be conscious of what works and what doesn't.

Top Bottom