What's new

Any opinion on HBG (Honeybee gardens) bay rum aftershave?

I have all of the Honeybee Gardens aftershaves and I particularly like their bay rum and key lime.

They are a nice organic - and very moisturizing with the oleo vera - aftershave for me.

I like that they have essential oils in them too. That's a nice perk.

They also come in just the right size 4 oz plastic bottles with screw-on lids that don’t leak so they travel well.

They’re a keeper with me…

Thanks, poots. Does the bay rum smell bay rummish? It has a lot of other ingredients not traditionally used in bay rum. Is the scent long lasting or less so?
-Fritz

Thanks, poots. Does the bay rum smell bay rummish? It has a lot of other ingredients not traditionally used in bay rum. Is the scent long lasting or less so?
-Fritz

I’m not sure that I can answer the first part of that question.

For one thing I think that scent is something that is completely subjective. It’s just different to each person and even to how it smells on each person’s skin versus how it smells in the bottle.

Sue at Honeybee Spa’s (different Honeybee) almond scented shaving soap is a classic example of that. I wasn’t the least bit impressed with it when I took it out of the wrapper, but after I wet it and lathered it on my face the almond scent just burst right out of it. It’s delightful. I probably wouldn’t have bought it if I had just smelled it without using it.

To me all aftershaves smell a lot different on me than they do in the bottle.

Secondly, I only have two other bay rums to compare it to – Boosters and Masters so I’m no world class expert here.

To me each of them smells completely different although I like all three.

The Honey Bee Gardens smells a little more like the Masters than it does like the Boosters, but it’s still its own scent. Maybe a little more mint and even a bit lemony. I do find that the scent lasts a little bit longer with the HBG than with the other two.

The HBG bay rum lists its ingredients:

SD Alcohol 40
Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera
Yarrow
Calendula Chamomile
Elder Flower Bay Rose
Peppermint
Lavender
Lemon
Essential Oils

At any rate the stuff’s cheap enough at Amazon to buy a bottle the next time you’re ordering a book or something and give a try for yourself.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! Quite helpful in all respects. I appreciate your taking the time. :thumbup1:
Best Wishes,
-Fritz

I like the Bay Rum too. To me it's a toned down scent. EZ to apply during the day and light enough to apply to freshen up. Also, the container size makes it great to stick in your car or briefcase.

Top Bottom