What's new

Do all Personna Med Prep blades say " for Hospital Use" on them?

I found a barber supply nearby who had blades wrapped identically to the Personna Med Prep blades. Couldn't get my $ out fast enough to buy a few. Couldn't believe it.

They shave like nothing else I've used. Smooth, very sharp and forgiving. Alcolado produced nary a wince afterward. :lol:

Upon examination, they do not say "for Hospital Use" on them like those I've seen pictured elsewhere. Identical blue wrapper, and they do have a glossy coating (teflon?). Just say "Personna Super" on them and "Made in U.S.A."

Is this just a variant of the same blade?

I guess if I love 'em, it doesn't really make any difference.:biggrin1:

While visiting with this young Russian shop owner he said, "so, do you know Proraso and Omega brands? I'm getting these beginning next week." :w00t:

I will be very nice to him so that I never hear the dreaded "NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"

Last edited:
Sounds like you got the lab variant, which are more less the same as the meds. The only difference is they meds go through an extra cleaning process. Check out this link.

Just ordered some from a reputable vendor suggested by another B&B member. They only have the four black arrows pointing in from every corner and have no med prep writing on the wrapper.

Just ordered some from a reputable vendor suggested by another B&B member. They only have the four black arrows pointing in from every corner and have no med prep writing on the wrapper.

+1 on CaptainK...those are Barber Personnas...not as good.

The blue wrapped Super's without hospital demarcation are simply the laboratory use blades. I have those and love them. In fact, in comparison against a "med", I prefer them. The med pulled more for me.

+1 on CaptainK...those are Barber Personnas...not as good.
The "not as good" is definitely a YMMV thing. I've never tried the Barber blades, but David from RB&M says they're "super sharp and sharper than any other blade besides Feather." I've used Meds and Feathers and find the Meds to be smoother. If the Barber blades are sharper than the Meds, but just as smooth, I may have a new blade.

The "not as good" is definitely a YMMV thing. I've never tried the Barber blades, but David from RB&M says they're "super sharp and sharper than any other blade besides Feather." I've used Meds and Feathers and find the Meds to be smoother. If the Barber blades are sharper than the Meds, but just as smooth, I may have a new blade.

That's true. I've not tried them personally, just what I've read a LOT of. Several complaints as I remember.

The blue wrapped Super's without hospital demarcation are simply the laboratory use blades.

You're right, they are the Laboratory blades. Just checked the link that I bought them from - actually also provided above by Lungho. Sounds like they should still work out great. Thought I had some Med blades waiting in the cabinet. :w00t:

The blue wrapped Super's without hospital demarcation are simply the laboratory use blades. I have those and love them. In fact, in comparison against a "med", I prefer them. The med pulled more for me.

Out of curiosity, did you find this to be a consistent occurrence across a few med blades?

I just shaved this morning with a Med prep blade I got from another B&B member in a trade. Wow! I am probably never going to use another blade again. I have about 20 Feathers that are now on the back of the row for future use. I know now what a BBS is really is. When I put on my bay rum a/s I felt little burn.

I just shaved this morning with a Med prep blade I got from another B&B member in a trade. Wow! I am probably never going to use another blade again. I have about 20 Feathers that are now on the back of the row for future use. I know now what a BBS is really is. When I put on my bay rum a/s I felt little burn.

My experience exactly. They seem consistent through a number of shaves (shaves 2 and 3 were better than the first) unlike Feathers.

The Personna Barber Blades are SWEET!!! David from RB&M hooked me up, as he probably has with hundreds of others, as a free gift. I'm sure most people just put them aside as I did for months since they are wrapped in a plain white wrapper looking pretty plain. I now know that the Barber blades are high quality and a steal! They are very smooth and very sharp. The only blade I've found that is close and very smooth.. and lasts is the PolSilver, which I rotate with the Barbers.

Top Bottom