What's new

Never ending search.

I have found that combo of razor and blade that gives me the beat shave. Yet I continue to experiment with more blades. I have a drawer full of samples that I'm working through. What am I searching for? I found the perfect combo for me in this YMMV world. I look forward to my next shave with an unknown blade, even though I know it won't measure up.

Is it some sort of addiction?

It's RBAD, one of the least crippling of Acquisition Disorders (razor blades are relatively cheap, after all). It springs quite naturally from the human thrill of discovery, combined with the dreaded disappearance of traditional shaving equipment. One naturally tries to gird oneself against the Shavepocalypse by finding the largest variety of acceptable products...and hoarding them.

Don't forget the hoarding part! You'll never get to be a recovered (hah!) RBAD sufferer like me unless you do some stashing and caching. :001_cool:

RBAD indeed. I even use them al....

I decided 2011 would be the year of using up my non-fav products, forgotten stuff and samples but I doubt 2011 has enough shaving days for the blades. Heck, I doubt extending this throughout 2012 will see the end of those!

Especially when no doubt new blades will come as well....:001_rolle

I'm right there with you partner. I've long found a blade that I'm happy with but I keep buying different blades to try. I cringe at the possibility of having a sub-par shave but, at at the same time, it's rather fun and adventurous trying new things. And who knows, maybe I'll find an even better blade through these (mis)adventures.

I'm right there with you partner ... maybe I'll find an even better blade through these (mis)adventures.

+2 It's still less than a year I've spent in the DE Zone but I know have at least two blades that could be "friends for life" if all other shivs disappeared. :thumbup:

Top Bottom