What's new

Old tube of TOMS better than newer tube.

So i opened my tube of TOMS Calendula shaving cream, only to find that it TOTALLY separated into globules, i wasn't gonna try shaving with that so i threw it away, it was that bad.

I then tried my bottle of Vanilla KMF, out came liquid, it had separated. Into the garbage because it smelled bad.

So i broke open my spare tube of TOMS Mint, thinking it would be worse than the one i threw away, but other than the first inch of cream being dried out the cream had no globules in it and was great.

I still cant figure out what happened to the first tube, it was stored in the same place as the Mint tube.

Any ideas?

So i opened my tube of TOMS Calendula shaving cream, only to find that it TOTALLY separated into globules, i wasn't gonna try shaving with that so i threw it away, it was that bad.

I then tried my bottle of Vanilla KMF, out came liquid, it had separated. Into the garbage because it smelled bad.

So i broke open my spare tube of TOMS Mint, thinking it would be worse than the one i threw away, but other than the first inch of cream being dried out the cream had no globules in it and was great.

I still cant figure out what happened to the first tube, it was stored in the same place as the Mint tube.

Any ideas?

NOOOOO! What a waste. You should have just heated and/or squashed the Calendula. The globs would have dissolved. I use some older Toms fairly frequently, and haven't had a problem. The Calendula is one of my favorite creams ever!

Separating of creams and even fragrances is not unheard of and typically a bit of mixing/shaking/kneading bring them right back to their former glory for just a few minutes of effort.

Phil

NOOOOO! What a waste. You should have just heated and/or squashed the Calendula. The globs would have dissolved. I use some older Toms fairly frequently, and haven't had a problem. The Calendula is one of my favorite creams ever!

Yes, my tube was starting to form globs, but they were a few here and there, when i squeezed out the cream yesterday there was nothing BUT globs and runny liquid.

And yes, i do soak the tube in hot water while i shower to make the globs melt. It had TOTALLY separated, like there were two things in the tube, runny liquid and globs.

Top Bottom