What's new

Montale Samples

I got a nice catalog from Montale today, as well as some samples. Cuir d'Arabie, Royal Aoud, Steam Aoud and Aoud Leather. Wow! The Cuir d'Arabie has grabbed me in a big way.

At Christmas, I bought a bottle of the Attar for Mrs. NH and nabbed the travel jug of Black Aoud for myself. Since then, I exchanged a couple of messages with them telling them how my wife is completely under their spell. They asked me what I thought of the Black Aoud and I told them that I liked it, but I'd also like to learn more about their leathers. So this is what they sent me. If I could walk to a B&M store that sold their fragrances, I would probably drop a fortune.

Also, their samples aren't conventional but are tester strips literally saturated in the fragrance. There were a couple in the package that they sent at Christmas that still exude a scent.

At Christmas, I bought a bottle of the Attar for Mrs. NH and nabbed the travel jug of Black Aoud for myself. Since then, I exchanged a couple of messages with them telling them how my wife is completely under their spell. They asked me what I thought of the Black Aoud and I told them that I liked it, but I'd also like to learn more about their leathers. So this is what they sent me. If I could walk to a B&M store that sold their fragrances, I would probably drop a fortune.

Also, their samples aren't conventional but are tester strips literally saturated in the fragrance. There were a couple in the package that they sent at Christmas that still exude a scent.

Interesting, what does that look like, can you take a pic?

You can get real sample vials from their distributor in NJ. Pretty reasonably priced, I think I paid $2 per, + shipping. I was iffy about Oud Cuir d'Arabie when I first got it several months ago. Last weekend, I tried it again, and liked it a lot. The leather in the drydown is quite nice, although still not very prominent. I'm still not decided between it and Tom Ford Tuscan Leather.

Interesting, what does that look like, can you take a pic?

They don't really look that special--just like the paper strips you'd get at a department store counter. The other day, I found one from a Creed counter somewhere that I've been using as a bookmark. It has a faint smell of something (after six or seven months) but it's hard to distinguish from the smell of the paper itself. Meanwhile the ones from Montale smell like I had just sprayed them with frangrance earlier today.

I haven't tried them all by any means, but the Oud Cuir d'Arabie is by far my favorite of their line.

How is the Aoud Leather? I've been curious about that one as well.

I'm going to have to check it again, but it didn't seem all that leathery to me. A faint note, but my first impression was oud, scotch and hazelnuts.

Closer--thanks for the tip about the NJ distributor.

I sampled several fragrances from Montale recently. The line in general didn't really do it for me the way I thought it might based on what I've read here, but Cuir d'Arabie was probably my favorite of the bunch. For those of you who really like leather fragrances, I'd say it's a must-try.

Top Bottom