What's new

First Symptom of AD: Help w/ Identification and Cleaning

Finally dropped by the antique stores downtown, this was the only DE razor in both stores. It was only $5, so even though it's in crappy condition, I wanted to satisfy my AD. This is my first purchase since I bought a DE kit online. IF anyone could help me identify it, that would be great. Cleaning tips (and warnings not to ever use it lest I get tetanus or something) wouldbe greatly appreciated.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Hold on while I try and figure out this images thing...

Thanks, any ideas on how I can go about identifying what kind of razor this is?

A picture generates a thousand responses . . . or something like that! :tongue_sm

One of our members, Mr-Razor has a wonderful website with high-quality pictures that has helped many identify their Gillette razors.

EDIT: my slow internet connection finally spit out the pictures you posted . . . I do not know exactly who made that or when, but we do see them from time to time. From what I have heard, they suffer from quality control issues and any given example may or may not shave well.

If you don't already have one, I would recommend a Gillette Tech three-piece as a good place to start. I have one in "shaver" condition that I would be more than happy to send you as a PIF . . . only string attached is your promise to send a razor or two along to someone else someday!

Send me a PM with your address and I'll send you one you can shave with!

Last edited:
Thats one ugly razor, I would shave with it to see if it has any value, if not then toss it. Thats not the kind of razor you want in your collection; gives me the shudders just looking at it!

It's been a fun little project, I've managed to get most of the rust off of it. I'm waiting to get some metal polish before trying it out, as the rust removal left quite a bit of rough patches (and I also don't want to get any rust in my pores/bloodstream)

I figured out that it's probably a standard military issue razor from around WW2, it looks a lot like this razor here. If anyone could give me a few more details, such as which country, that would be awesome. If not, at least I know a little about it.

I'll probably keep it, if nothing else to help quench the RAD, and for sentimental value since it was my first.

Thanks for all the comments and help, I knew I could count on you guys :thumbup:

Top Bottom