What's new

Nutrition "It's whats for dinner"

I don't see many threads in the clubhouse about what people like to eat because as we all know working out is only half of a healthy lifestyle. What's your favorite healthy meal? What's your favorite healthy snack? I'm looking for some tips from all you pros out there. I would have to say one of my favorites is:

Fish (Tuna or Salmon)
Long Grain Rice
Broccoli

Snacks:

A handful of nuts or a piece of fruit.

Sadly, my diet is not very exciting. I live in a small apartment and don't have much of a kitchen. That's not a good enough excuse, but it's an excuse, anyway. I eat healthy, but I'll spare you the blandness of the menu.

I will say that every morning I eat:

2 eggs, scrambled with mozzarella cheese
1 cup of Quaker oatmeal (unflavored) with a handful of raisins

I've been eating that meal nearly every morning for a decade. I never get tired of it!

The best snack I've found is grapes. I also like rice cakes. You can eat them plain or spread something on top. They come in a variety of flavors. My favorite is the white cheddar.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Snacks:

A handful of nuts or a piece of fruit.

My snacks that get me through the day are a few pieces of fruit (apples, gralefrit*, and bananas) and a bit of trail mix ... just peanuts and raisins, not the one with all the salt and sugar &c.

*anyone a fan of Fawlty Towers?

My diet is very boring, because it is mostly the same things every day...i'll list a typical day:

1) 6 eggs (PB or jelly toast if I'm gaining weight)
2) 6-8oz meat, veggies, cheese or peanut butter
3) same as 2
4) same as 2 and 3
5) post-workout meal, 2 scoops waxy maize, 2 scoops whey (just a protein shake on non-training days, fish oil caps for fats)
6) same as 2, 3, 4, but add a little carbs

I'll add a little rice or a little potato or some bread to a meal if I'm trying to gain weight or feel like I need it.

Off to eat meal 4 for today. :)

Boring is usually the way for my diet also. I also like an egg on wheat sometimes. Thanks for sharing guys keep the menus coming.

I cannot say I have a favorite meal. I like a good steak off the grill as well as a good salmon filet. Whole grain rice, most fresh or frozen vegetables depending on season.

For snacks its either an apple, McIntosh, or Courtland being my hands down favorites, an orange or some seedless grapes.

Thanks for sharing. I'm really becoming a fan of long grain rice. I've always liked rice but usually picked the not as healthy white rice. Fish with long grain And a veggie is a nice filling meal.

Mine's pretty boring as well. This is a typical day

1) 16 oz skim milk, 2 scoops of ON Whey, 2 cups of oatmeal...all mixed together for a drink
2) 1 cup fat free yogurt with 1 cup of fruit
3) 28oz. almonds (or any nuts really)
4) 6 oz baked chicken, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli, a little hot sauce
5) 1 scoop of ON whey PWO
6) 6 oz meat/fish, 1 cup carbs, 1 cup veggies
7) Rice cakes w/ peanut butter & 8 oz. milk
8) 8oz milk and 1 scoop ON casein protein before bed

I need to get me some of those rice cakes. Lately i have been having what i call a dinner bowl. I make some long grain rice, Veggie (usually broccoli) And Fish or chicken breast. I put the rice in first, veggie second, and the fish or chicken on top. That way i eat the Fish or chicken then the veggie and if i'm still hungry i eat a little of the rice until full. Not the most visually pleasing meal, i know but it gets the job done and i don't dirty a bunch of dishes lol

Steamed veg, I like my greens with a bit of black pepper. Asparagus is great. Pair it with some roast chicken breast and a small baked spud.

I haven't been eating right lately. If I were though my diet wouldn't consist of anything except raw eggs, whole milk, and ground beef.

I have a terrible eating habits, I generally only eat one meal a day (lunch) and drink most of my calories. I am almost always drinking something which leaves me not that hungry. I try to do dinner with the family but I am usually just picking, I can't eat as much as I used to.

I generally eat pretty badly, but one of my favorite things in the world is all natural peanut butter, with all fruit jelly/jam on whole wheat toast. It's total yumminess!!

Take a PB and J to work for lunch, and people assume you are dirt poor, but for me a PB and J is the ultimate comfort food. :w00t::w00t:

I generally eat pretty badly, but one of my favorite things in the world is all natural peanut butter, with all fruit jelly/jam on whole wheat toast. It's total yumminess!!

Take a PB and J to work for lunch, and people assume you are dirt poor, but for me a PB and J is the ultimate comfort food. :w00t::w00t:

PB&J is a classic and quite frankly i don't give a damn what people think. There just jealous they didn't bring one.

Some mornings the guy that cooks on our boat has Spam for the crew. I'm trying to eat healthier so i tend to stay away from it but there is one guy that says he won't eat it because Spam is for poor people. If that was the case i better start eating Spam. The PB&J story reminded me of this. Pisses me off everytime he says it. Sorry for the rant i just hate it when people judge others for how they dress or what they eat.

Some mornings the guy that cooks on our boat has Spam for the crew. I'm trying to eat healthier so i tend to stay away from it but there is one guy that says he won't eat it because Spam is for poor people. If that was the case i better start eating Spam.

proxy.php

PB&J is excellent. We've purchased the low fat, to keep it from separating instead of shortening they use molasses, it gives it a slightly richer flavour.

Oatmeal or 2eggs on whole wheat for breakfast is a staple for me.
Lunch is sort of touch and go
Dinner: yum I love to cook so this is where it happens for me
As far as delicious and healthy meals:

Chicken Tacos:
Prepare chicken as desired (pan fry is good, grilled is better) then slice and set aside
sauted onion, and bell pepper (and Chile's to suit your taste: I add 2-3 jalapeno's)
mix the chicken in with the peppers and onions, and add 1 can of refriedbeans. mix well, and add 1/2-1cup of HOT (you can go tamer if you like)
salsa.

Mix well and serve on whole wheat tortillas.

Delicious.

Top Bottom