What's new

New guy from Michigan

I'm so new I don't even have any gear yet! However I just ordered a HD34C and sample blade set from West Coast Shaving, so maybe next week I'll be able to report on how all that goes.

I'm a head and face shaver, I use womens Venus on my head and Fusion on my face, and aside from the cost there is something decidedly unsatisfying about the whole process, so I thought I'd give a look at the "old school". So I'm looking fwd to trying out a DE razor. I've shaved with all natural soaps for as long as I can remember so that is not likely to change, however I am not a brush user, and that may change.

I do not traditionally use aftershave or wear any kind of fragrance, but the other day I stopped by a Sally's and got a bottle of Masters Bay Rum and I am really enjoying that. Its has just enough to know you have something on w/o feeling like you have a cloud around you.

Well, thats me in a nutshell. I've been lurking on here for a short time, reading up on razors and aftershaves etc. etc. So thank you all for the info you all post, its been very helpful.

Good luck,
Red O'Leary

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hello
proxy.php
Red from the state of Michigan (I'm a original Michigander too [East Lansing],...Yeah Baby!!!).

Welcome to the B & B and please feel free to come up to the sun deck and 'sit-a-spell'. :thumbsup:

It sounds like you're off to a great start and yes...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and alround 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here. :thumbup:

Also, it is very wise and 'sage' advice to get a Razor Blade Sampler to see what blade is a good fit (mild, moderate & aggressive, ect...), for your face and Razor...I happen to like Feathers with my Merkur's 23C & 38C razors (among other blades), too :thumbup1:

Although, you may not be additted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (and are doomed perhaps :laugh:), from this shaving complusion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Below is the B & B Wet Shaving Instructions and Tutorials.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71700

Also, check out these 2 Threads and Posted Replies in regard to Nogging Shaving.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=189150

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=149397

Please don't forget once you get time....please tell all of us about your shaving tools and a little about yourself in the Hall of Fame sub-forum. :lol1:

Christopher
proxy.php

Hey ya Red - great name.
Welcome along here. Read the stickies and the wikis and have fun!
Ask questions if ya can't find the answers and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
You'll have a smooth face n noggin in no time.

Hey Red, welcome from another Michigander!

I've recently taken to having a very mild scent on my face after years of not wearing any scented concoction at all. I like it!

Good luck with your new purchases. Let us know how it goes for you!

Red:

Welcome to badger and Blade. We are glad you joined us here. :thumbup1:

Take your time, ask any questions you may have, have fun and enjoy your shaves.

Don

Top Bottom