What's new

Buy American

Seeing as our economy could use some stimulus, I would like, if possible, to find some Hugh quality shaving creams made in the US. Could you please recommend some. Thanks.

Commercially available I would recommend Kiss my Face which can be found at many health stores and of course the internet. Whats better though is the great group of artisan makers that are part of B&B. Mama Bears, Saint Charles Shave, Gentleman's Quarter, and Queen Charlotte to name a few.

Which Hugh are we talking about here? Hugh Grant? Hugh Laurie? Hugh Hefner?
Sorry. Couldn't resist.
I would first recommend Nancy Boy. Then Kiss My Face.
Those are the only ones I have used, but I am sure there are more good ones out there.

We covered this in another thread a few weeks ago ... maybe someone can find it?

In the meantime ...

Jack Black
Billy Jealousy
Burt's Bees
Tom's of Maine
Trader Joe's

Divisions of Proctor and Gamble
Art of Shaving
Zirh

Ursa Major. They make a brushless cream that a few guys (myself included) got a sample of and liked pretty well. They're based in Vermont.

+1 to KMF and Saint Charles Shave. I use both of them regularly.

I wouldn't give too much business to P&G however, even if AoS is still somewhat autonomous.

We covered this in another thread a few weeks ago ... maybe someone can find it?

In the meantime ...

Jack Black
Billy Jealousy
Burt's Bees
Tom's of Maine
Trader Joe's

Art of Shaving
Zirh

Hate to be the one to tell you this but Tom's of Maine sold out to P&G a few years ago. Their mint shave cream is STILL my favorite cream. I contended 8 years or so ago, on the old Wetshaver's listserv that it was far better than the 3T's. And I still believe that to be the case.

Beerman

In the meantime ...

Jack Black
Billy Jealousy
Burt's Bees
Tom's of Maine
Trader Joe's

Art of Shaving
Zirh

I think I read somewhere on here that Tom's of Maine cream is no longer in production... I have a tube of that and a tube of Kiss My Face, and they are both very good for me.

Top Bottom