What's new

New Tattoo

Well, I've been thinking of my next tattoo for a while now and it looks like I'm finally going to pull the trigger. I've been making excuses, sometimes valid ($$), sometimes not (no time), for the last year or two.

I'm going in about a week to get this done. I'm pretty excited.

proxy.php

SWMBO doesn't know about it yet, but that won't be an issue...:001_rolle
Actually, she does know. She just doesn't know that I actually finally scheduled it.

Who else has recent ink?

Wow... you must REALLY love their films!

I have 2 tattoos but nothing recent. Personally I would'nt get a brand but, whatever floats your boat and if it's not your first you know what you are getting into anyway.

Is that the tattoo you're getting?
Pardon my lack of knowledge, but what is it?

I've just started to finish up my full sleeve after a four months break, did the upper arm/shoulder/armpit last year, started on the forearm four weeks ago, going back for some more outlines on saturday.

Legion

Staff member

I have 2 tattoos but nothing recent. Personally I would'nt get a brand but, whatever floats your boat and if it's not your first you know what you are getting into anyway.

Well, they did release Over The Top in 1987.... I think that makes them tattoo worthy. :lol:

Is it the Chuck Norris movies they made?
or maybe Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Either way, you're going to have some explaining to do when you show it to people.
Cannon is pretty obscure.
But they did make some great films in the 80's

It's definitely not my first. I'm thinking that I'm going to leave out the Cannon script and just use the glowing logo, maybe framed in film. We'll see what me and my guy come up with.

Interesting choice, what's the significance?

I'm a lifelong film guy/projectionist. I quit my management job a few years ago to move to Austin and get into film. In the last two years I've worked every film festival in town, done work in most of the theaters, and just recently took an internship/apprenticeship working on editing and filming with a local production company. It's in my blood, and now it will be in my skin.

Is that the tattoo you're getting?
Pardon my lack of knowledge, but what is it?

I've just started to finish up my full sleeve after a four months break, did the upper arm/shoulder/armpit last year, started on the forearm four weeks ago, going back for some more outlines on saturday.

The logo is for Cannon Films, a production company that is best known for their low budget action films in the 80's. They produced most of Charles Bronson's later work, Chuck Norris stuff too, they gave Van Damme his break, etc etc. I grew up watching everything from Hammer horror films (with my Grandma), to "Do the Right Thing".

Well, they did release Over The Top in 1987.... I think that makes them tattoo worthy. :lol:

Don't forget "Enter the Ninja" from 1981!

Seems quite a tricky image to put into tattoo form, with the highlights and all. If only they could hook up Photoshop to a tattoo machine.

View attachment 145305

now hold the phone here, there's a big difference between his avatar and your pic. we have a vast disparity of frame here. :lol:

i'm toying with getting my 5th tat soon; i've been putting mine off for a while too. i'm thinking about a good/evil theme across both my legs. it would be my largest by far.

now hold the phone here, there's a big difference between his avatar and your pic. we have a vast disparity of frame here. :lol:

i'm toying with getting my 5th tat soon; i've been putting mine off for a while too. i'm thinking about a good/evil theme across both my legs. it would be my largest by far.

I'm nowhere near either of those photos! :lol::lol:

It's going to be about 3" square(ish) on my right inner forearm.

I haven't had any fresh ink done in a long time, but they could use a touch up. My legs and arms sport the ink but I know if I go back for a touch up I'll get the itch and I'll do something stupid:lol:

Get the Bacon tag or for the ultimate homage, a Phil tag.

btw, Cannon is responisble for Masters of the Universe.
Now that's some great movie making.

Top Bottom