What's new

Soap storage

I've read on here that some of you guys are using pyrex/tupperware containers with lids to store your soap. What specific models and where are you buying them? My soap collection is growing and i need something on the smaller side that i can put my soap in that will fit in my medicine cabinet.

Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Pyrex-Storage...FTB5/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297289216&sr=8-2

It seems expensive to me, and there are a couple of other good choices out there. I've been looking for containers so I don't have to buy those expensive bowls that come with higher end soaps, and I found a couple of good options.

Mama bear's soaps sells empty shaving soap containers on the website (i believe under "other merchandise" or something similar to that. Alternatively, these look like the same kind of thing, and the 8 oz. ones would have a little more space for you to load your brush. It looks like you can get them pretty cheap if you get enough to cover shipping.

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=45

I put my VDH Select puck into a ramekin that I bought as a pair at Big Lots for $2. They have plastic snap-on lids. The soap fits perfectly into the ramekin with just a little resistance so I know it won't spin around on the bottom while I'm loading the brush.

Had the puck been a glycerin soap I'd have just microwaved it on med-low until it melted and filled the container then cooled it.

Thanks guys. I am going to look around. I like those plastic cases. Also have to check out the big lots.

Right now I have an open top Edwin Jagger bowl and a wooden container. Need something a little more cost-efficient so i can try more soaps.

Thanks guys. I am going to look around. I like those plastic cases. Also have to check out the big lots.

Right now I have an open top Edwin Jagger bowl and a wooden container. Need something a little more cost-efficient so i can try more soaps.

Goodwill coffee mugs and soup bowls 25 cents a pop.

Go to the Dollar store and see what they have.
I got some bowls that fit soap and they were only 2 for a $1

Go to the Dollar store and see what they have.
I got some bowls that fit soap and they were only 2 for a $1

+1 $1.5 for 3 ramekins for milling my soap sticks, $1.5 for 5 plastic container with lids that hold my Crabtree and Evelyn pucks, $1.25 for 6 smaller plastic containers with screwable lids for holding my soft soaps.

Top Bottom