What's new

Corn Huskers Discontinued?

In this thread, Manoover mentions that his pharmicist said Corn Huskers was discontinued:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=189395

I checked the Mfg website - Johnson & Johnson - but couldn't find anything about Corn Huskers on the site.

However, I have noticed my local drug store - Bartell's Drug - has been out of Corn Huskers AND has even removed the shelf tag.

Anyone have some facts on this topic?

I have seen similar comments on other websites as well but never asked anyone at a local store to confirm. I had mentioned the rumor in another threat and was told that it was still readily available in Texas.

I was lucky enough to pick up 3 bottles at my local Wally World after the shelf had been empty for weeks and that should last me for a long time. Keep your eyes open on your travels -- you might just get lucky.

i had a bottle of Corn Huskers that went bad so i had to throw the half full bottle away, went to Wal-Mart to pick more up and its nowhere to be found, looked at other stores and same thing. Its an ok product, but not good enough that i'm going to go out of my way to find.

i had a bottle of Corn Huskers that went bad so i had to throw the half full bottle away, went to Wal-Mart to pick more up and its nowhere to be found, looked at other stores and same thing. Its an ok product, but not good enough that i'm going to go out of my way to find.

How can it "go bad"?

If you use Corn Huskers regularly, it works. I've used it even on my feet and elbows and nothing works better. As far as Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products I read somewhere they had had some production problems on Tylenol which they corrected. Maybe they are cleaning up operations at other plants as well. I hope this is temporary.

Corn Huskers is made by Pfizer, not J&J. Corn Huskers is a seasonal product for chapped hands - winter is winding down (though that is hard to believe in a lot of places). Doubt that Corn Huskers is discontinued.

I don't know if it's been discontinued, but I recently ran out of the stuff. I couldn't find it at any B&M retailer, so I looked on eBay. There was the profiteering normally seen with discontinued products like AV Ice Balm, &c. Drugstore.com and Hocks.com showed 'out of stock'.

$4 bottles were typically offered at $15~$18 on the bay, some at even higher prices. :crying: I managed to snag two bottles at $7 + $4 shipping. It was a BIN and had the seller been aware of the shortage, I'm sure the price would have been much higher.

I use CHL as a pre-shave; a small dot suffices, so a bottle lasts a couple of years. Perhaps the supply will be replenished, but I'm not holding my breath. It is a unique product.

-- John Gehman

Guys used to swear this stuff was identical (scent notwithstanding, of course) to Trumpers skin food. Only reason i never tried it is its cost is about the same as TSF this side 'o pond. Always a sad day when anything evening vaguely wetshaving related becomes discontinued. Lets say a little prayer for its continued production.

M

mellodan

I called the number on the side of the bottle, got transferred a few times and was finally told they are still making it, they are just having a shortage. So don't go paying $20 a bottle for it, I found it for $3.99 a bottle with a few Google search minutes...:001_smile

Top Bottom