What's new

Hello from New Orleans!

I've lurked on here long enough; it was finally time to join up! :laugh:

I've just recently taken up wet shaving - like many out there, my initial prompt was how expensive cartridges are getting. One day I thought, "You know, my grandfather used to use one of those old razors, I bet that's cheaper!"

Famous last words, I'm sure...

At first, I was going to pick up a razor and a few blades...then I needed a brush...oh, I like that one more than that one...this one's gotten good reviews on B&B...now I need soap...or cream...or both...they make variety packs of razors?...:w00t:

My first DE shave ever was only a few weeks ago with:

Parker 22R
Derby Blade
Proraso Ultra-Senstive Soap
Tweezerman Brush
Nivea Post-Shave Balm

I can go on and on, but to sum it all up, I don't know how I've made it this long without trying this wonderful practice for myself. First shave, no nicks, no cuts, no irritation and a DFS!!
I FORMALLY BID FAREWELL TO CARTRIDGE RAZORS!!

(I was just in NOLA last week. I was training some of the boys and girls at the JRB in Belle Chasse).

Excellent starting kit, especially the Tweezerman!

Trust me though, any money you save on blades will be lost with the AD's! You'll find yourself buying DE razors, new brushes, creams, soaps, ASB's, you name it.

I can go on and on, but to sum it all up, I don't know how I've made it this long without trying this wonderful practice for myself. First shave, no nicks, no cuts, no irritation and a DFS!!
I FORMALLY BID FAREWELL TO CARTRIDGE RAZORS!!

Bravo!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

I would suggest a razor blade sample pack and you should be in the driver seat! :thumbup1:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hello
proxy.php
Cosa Nostra from New Orleans.

Ah ha!!...been Lurking now have ya? MardiGras parties perhaps? (Yeah Baby!!!)...another Lurker comes out from the mist. :lol1:

Anyhow, welcome to the B & B...please feel free to come up to the sun deck and 'sit-a-spell' and thank you for dis-engaging you're 'lurking device'. :thumbsup:

It sounds like you're off to a great start and yes...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and alround 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here. :thumbup:

Also, it is very wise and 'sage' advice to get a Razor Blade Sampler to see what blade is a good fit (mild, moderate & aggressive, ect...), for your face and Razor...I happen to like Feathers with my Merkur's 23C & 38C razors (among other blades), too :thumbup1:

Although, you may not be additted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (and are doomed perhaps :laugh:), from this shaving complusion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71700

Please don't forget once you get time....please tell all of us a little about yourself in the Hall of Fame sub-forum :lol1:

Christopher
proxy.php

Attached Image...a.k.a. The Lurking Device

Attachments

• $B & B - Lurking Device.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom