What's new

Are Gun & Knife Shows good places to find razors?

Just curious to know if anyone scores razors...new or used...from gun/knife shows.

keeping in mind you have to pay an entrance fee...and sometimes a parking fee to get into those venues. That's and prices aren't always very good. I always wondered if the knife vendors sold razors...

I've never seen a razor at a knife/gun show.

Beanie Babies, beef jerky, Petzz "sleeping puppies", expired MREs, beef jerky, war memorabilia, silver coins, and occasionally guns and knives if you are lucky.

Never seen razors - DE, SE, or straights.

Beanie Babies, beef jerky, Petzz "sleeping puppies", expired MREs, beef jerky, war memorabilia, silver coins, and occasionally guns and knives if you are lucky.

This made me laugh....mainly because of how true it is

Site like knifecenter.com they have very good shaving gear like Dovo or Thiers Issard , soaps, strops and all the stuff for a good price.

I've seen some straights, usually at the vendors who sell knives. Some of the razors have been really nice and even pretty well honed. Never seen any DEs or SEs.

While I agree on never seeing a DE or a SE at a gun show I suspect the rest is because your far to close to CA to find decent gun/knife shows ;)

I just went to one over the weekend. Mostly guns with a smattering of coin & collectible dealers, some of which had straights but not a singe SE/DE. But I look anyway!

Jay

If you are going already it is worth a look. I have seen them before with the knives and with the antiques. Last show I was at less than 1/4 the vendors had anything related to weapons, let alone firearms.

It is not worth a special trip to pay admission to find a razor.

Phil

Last gun show I went to had a couple of guys selling Pakistani straight razor shaped objects with fancy (tacky) turquoise inlayed scales. :thumbdown

As a rule, they are not good places to find razors. I certainly would not count on it or go for that reason. FWIW.
Vic

This.

I'm running low on beef jerky... I need to go to a gun show or fishing show.

Usually I see old straight razors available, many times without the scales. Traditional muzzleloaders use them for cutting patches at the muzzle.

While I agree on never seeing a DE or a SE at a gun show I suspect the rest is because your far to close to CA to find decent gun/knife shows ;)

I went to a pretty good one at Reno (i.e. lotsa firearms) but this was 3 years ago and they're getting worse by the day. I haven't been since though, I love firearms but I don't have the money to even think about collecting :)

Top Bottom