What's new

Hip Me On Ebay Chicanery

Do we know if the "buyer" actually paid? Sorry, I'm suspicious when the same person wins two auctions on what is obviously the same razor (as the same photos were used) and at a $250+ price point.

How about the laundering of ill-gotten gains? A "business transaction" used to legitimize funds being deposited into a bank account?

For the most part I have been very lucky on ebay. I have gotten some great finds. Your posts have cleared up a lot concerning how transactions work.

How about the laundering of ill-gotten gains? A "business transaction" used to legitimize funds being deposited into a bank account?

Interesting thought. Since the buyer is the seller (and vise-a-versa) you wouldn't have to worry about mailing cash payments. If you used this tactic on more expensive items it would a faster way to clean dirty cash.

For the OP, if the seller posts what they want, and it is within the reason of what the item is worth (even if it is a bit over priced) then if it is bid on it is still an honest transaction.

Shilling happens, it is illegal on auctions.

Phil

Top Bottom