What's new

First Uberlather, Proraso + VDH

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Experienced my first uberlather. I had just received my first tube of Proraso and I had bought some pure glycerin, having previously been using VDH Deluxe. Although still learning to generate a luxurious lather, my skills have been improving. Today I applied some Proraso to my face and rubbed it in with my fingers. Then I loaded up my brush as usual with the VDH and began face lathering. I never needed to add any glycerin, the lather just exploded. Perhaps the Proraso would have done that on its own. Fantastic shave!

I enjoy Proraso in my superlather as well. I use Mama Bear glycerin soaps with the Proraso and get great lather. Congrats!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I still retain my chin whiskers, not unlike my avatar, but not quite as marvelous. The errant lather in my chin whiskers would have been enough for several more passes without using my brush!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Uberlather is quite good! I keep the glycerin for product that are missing glide only. There aren't many...

I'm new to the concept of

Does Uberlather always involve mixing a soap and a creme...or is it simply mixing any two or more lathering medias?

I'm new to the concept of

Does Uberlather always involve mixing a soap and a creme...or is it simply mixing any two or more lathering medias?

Mostly a soap and a cream-this way, you get the benefits of both while erasing the perceived shortcomings of either. Normally, you can take 2 mediocre products and produce a superlather.

Then you can advance to using 2 great products for an uberlather!

Think of using a sandalwood + rose; or a coconut + lime(7 UP!:thumbup1:) or any other products in your den. Mix and match away!:w00t:

marty

Mostly a soap and a cream-this way, you get the benefits of both while erasing the perceived shortcomings of either. Normally, you can take 2 mediocre products and produce a superlather.

Then you can advance to using 2 great products for an uberlather!

Think of using a sandalwood + rose; or a coconut + lime(7 UP!:thumbup1:) or any other products in your den. Mix and match away!:w00t:

marty

Gotcha. When my Omega brush comes in I'll try make an Uberlather from Proraso and VDH Select. As the "Select" has a soft and somewhat waxy quality I have a pretty good idea it'll work.

I had the first uberlather last week. It seems to be addictive. Valobra and Poraso this morning. I thought the AOS Sandalwood and Tabac was nice as well. I was thinking of getting rid of most of my creams, but not now.

I have yet to have a combo that does not work. Today I used Cella + TOBS almond + glycerin. Yesterday it was MWF + TOBS almond + glycerin.

What I usually do is add a small amount of cream to a bowl and then add a few drops of glycerin. I then use a brush on the soap puck. Today I forgot to add the glycerin and was making my lather when I remembered. I then added the glycerin to the soap and cream combo and watched the lather just expand.

Top Bottom