What's new

The Blind Hog found an acorn (actually 2)

I went to an estate sale and found a 5oz of Hoyt's Cologne. Nice smell in a cool bottle.

The real find came at an antique shop. I went in about 20 minutes before closing and I started cruising the glass cases and what did I see? A Gillette Fat Boy Adjustable, a Gillette Super Speed Red Tip and a die-cast pot metal 3 piece razor. No cases.

I ask what he wants for them and he says, "How about $25 for all three?" I pause and say, "I was thinking about $15." He says, "How about we meet in the middle at $18? I respond with, "Okay."

The bonus is that both Gillettes are D4 which is my birth year and quarter.:thumbup:

Now to clean and polish them up.

I went to an estate sale and found a 5oz of Hoyt's Cologne. Nice smell in a cool bottle.

The real find came at an antique shop. I went in about 20 minutes before closing and I started cruising the glass cases and what did I see? A Gillette Fat Boy Adjustable, a Gillette Super Speed Red Tip and a die-cast pot metal 3 piece razor. No cases.

I ask what he wants for them and he says, "How about $25 for all three?" I pause and say, "I was thinking about $15." He says, "How about we meet in the middle at $18? I respond with, "Okay."

The bonus is that both Gillettes are D4 which is my birth year and quarter.:thumbup:

Now to clean and polish them up.

Sounds like a great pick up! We will need pics!

Nice score ... especially since they are Birthday razors. That doesn't happen very often.

The Shave-Deities must be looking out for you.

Where do you live?:confused1 The three-dozen places I've checked in the North East have yielded a big fat ZERO! :cursing:

Codfish

Top Bottom