What's new

is current old spice still good?

so i buy old old spice (perhaps from the 90's) from this store that has vintage perfumes and aftershaves at bargain prices. they've run out of vintage old spice but another store still has boxed glass bottles that look current. are those older versions as well? do they come in plastic now? is the juice still good? the 90's old spice had a sun tan like feel. i'm undecided if i want that so i'm curious about the current juice.

I tried the current US Old Spice and it was waaaay too sweet smelling for me. I love the vintage Shulton OS and even the nineties version.
Nowadays I buy the store branded ViJon Spice product which to me is much better than the current OS. I see you live in Manila so the ViJon isn't available there. Perhaps you can get the Indian Shulton in your local markets?? I hear it is great stuff.
Wp

+1 on the Indian Old Spice. Of course, I like the new plastic bottle OS as well. But to me the Shulton out of India is better. Also like the Vijon spice better than the Proctor and Gamble current version.

Jeff

I see you live in Manila so the ViJon isn't available there. Perhaps you can get the Indian Shulton in your local markets?? I hear it is great stuff.

i think i can ask the supplier of the vintage bottles. he is indian. thanks!

but another store still has boxed glass bottles that look current. are those older versions as well? do they come in plastic now? is the juice still good?

In the US, all current production Old Spice comes in a plastic bottle. Glass bottles were discontinued in the late 90's.

However, glass bottle Old Spice is still sold in India by Shulton, so it's possible that the product you are seeing in glass bottles is the Indian version since you live in Manila.

The Indian version is said to be as good as the old Shulton US formula.

The current production US Old Spice is a good product. It smells nice, and it does what it's supposed to do, however, it doesn't smell identical to the original. :tongue_sm

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The new Old Spice I find more floral, but it's not a bad scent.
I prefer the older Old Spice though.
The Indian Shulton is pretty good, comes in a flat red plastic bottle.

Where in Manila are you?
I have a house in Paranaque, we try to get home once a year or so.
Pretty slim pickings for a wetshaver in Manila eh?

However, glass bottle Old Spice is still sold in India by Shulton, so it's possible that the product you are seeing in glass bottles is the Indian version since you live in Manila.

it's possible. kinda hard to check. the pet bottles look the same as my 90's stuff except the cap is read instead of grey. i'm now wondering if the one i was handling was really glass.

k the one i handled recently looked more like the 2nd one on the right with the red stopper. i guess it was a plastic bottle afterall.

proxy.php

the 1990's vintage i used to buy looked like the first one on the left. btw i only know they're from the 90's coz they say 1997 somewhere at the back. i think they're not even shulton OS. i think it said P&G already. so are they the same thing? should i just buy whichever is more available than wait for the grey stoppered ones? the vintage ones are actually cheaper by a few and may also be bigger. i'm not familiar with the sizing as i thought they only came in 1 size.

proxy.php

Where in Manila are you?
I have a house in Paranaque, we try to get home once a year or so.
Pretty slim pickings for a wetshaver in Manila eh?

i live in ermita, manila. yup very slim. you have to constantly check out px stores for imports. but i won't complain. haircut prices over there are crazy.

Last edited:
I bought some last year in plastic (cologne) left it sit on my dresser with it being really warm in the house all summer(80+F) with the sun shining on it all summer and comparing it to the stuff i have from the the 90's and the indian stuff its really close now to it

I like both the new and old, I have a preference for the Indian musk and lime scents. It's different, but still a good scent at a good price price, if you fins you like the old stuff way better then order the Indian. Both Rasage Poulin and West Coast Shaving carry it if you want a member vendor on this side of the ocean.

Top Bottom