What's new

King of Shaves chief Will King aims to beat Gillette on price and performance

There is a choice - Personna's, Dorco's, and Croma's are available as private label products, whilst KoS Azor blades are technically Kai blades. I think his pricing is right, but private label are far cheaper and I can't shave under my nose or chin with the Azor handle going upwards which is a minor flaw.

He used to post here. Spoke of designing a new DE blade/razor and other good stuff. Alas, KoS is pretty much cartridge/gel these days, from what I can tell.

Well he can dream about beating Gillette on price and performance all he wants, but the reality is he has ZERO market share in the US, and little hope of making it into any of the large US retailers whose shaving isle is now nearly 100% controlled by Schick (since Schick now owns Personna), and Gillette.

Even with the partnership with Remington, I don't see him making giant inroads into having nationwide distribution in the major stores.

How well did Kai/Universal Razor do with their Old Spice license? It is essentially the same blade product lines and technology, with a KoS designed handle.

How well did Kai/Universal Razor do with their Old Spice license? It is essentially the same blade product lines and technology, with a KoS designed handle.

I have seen Old Spice branded disposables for sale at Family Dollar. I think that is the only place I recall ever seeing them.

So I would say not very well at all. :lol::lol:

His plan was to merge the two companies and call it King Gillette.

Thank you, I didn't read the news article and was only responding to the initial post. I have some of his menthol shave gel that is several years old (pre-Remington if that tells you anything about the production date) and just used it tonight with my Gillette Mach 3. The darn stuff does not lather worth a crap and I even used a Kent VS-10 Gel Brush with it. But heck, after all this time the gel still has a cooling effect and I got a reasonable one pass (mostly WTG) shave.

Top Bottom