What's new

Doubled the collection

ok i went from 3 to 6, no big deal, but it's fun! grabbed these 3 razors at a flea market for 10 dollars, total!
the first i gather is a 64 slim adjustable, the second is a gold razor from 51 i believe, code W/2 underneath, it's almost the size and weight of my HD, not sure what it is though. the third is a SS, coded W/4 with a black twist knob- this razor has me a little puzzled, not sure the W head correlates correctly to the black knob handle?

the gold one is an aristocrat, they go for like $20 to $30 on ebay. i like them, pretty good razors. like a superspeed but heavier.

obsessis said:
the gold one is an aristocrat, they go for like $20 to $30 on ebay. i like them, pretty good razors. like a superspeed but heavier.

yeah looking at the heads side by side it does seem VERY much like the SS but heavier, if they guy didnt offer me them as a package i was going to pass on it as i dont love the gold colored razors but im happy i have it, the weight seems very nice. I have some many things to try now i wish my hair would grow faster.

oh on a side note the guy who sold me the SS and aristicrat said "things like this and cigars are getting popular but dont try and shave with it!"

Very nice, Jerry, and at $10 dollars, what a steal. You should not think of this as doubling your collection, as this begins to sound like RAD. You merely took in some helpless little guys and offered them a warm and stable home. It was practically an act of charity and should be rewarded with the purchase of a new cream to go with each razor.

Must... avoid... Super Speed and Aristocrat temptation...

These things shave like hell, right? Terrible irritation, poor balance, no reason for me to engage my long-dormant RAD circuits? Pretty please?

So bidding on an eBay auction come Friday, :a35:

-Rich

PoshRichM said:
Must... avoid... Super Speed and Aristocrat temptation...

These things shave like hell, right? Terrible irritation, poor balance, no reason for me to engage my long-dormant RAD circuits? Pretty please?

So bidding on an eBay auction come Friday, :a35:

-Rich

Ive used both these razors now(with brand new merkur blades to keep things consistent as i try new to me razors) and my initial reaction is that theyre both Very good shavers. The superspeed is definetly different than the ranger tech (ill have to revisit the ranger again though) and i think it's a good different, i didnt get the slight pull feeling i did with the ranger. The aristocrat was equally smooth, shaved great and i found i liked the heft and balance more than the SS. my initial reactions are both razors are definite winners.

now im off to buy some rogain to slap on the mug so i can try the adjustable, these Wilk Sword blades from india and eventually the Arko soap stick

I wonder how many razor OP owns now. A Slim, an Aristocrat 47 and a black tip for 10 bucks ? Why didn't I discovered DE shaving back in 2006 !?

Last edited:
$holy.jpg

three good razors for $10, thats a great score, i am not a fan of gold razors either but the gold aristocrats are very good shavers, the slim and superspeed are not too shabby in the shaving department either, enjoy.

Top Bottom