What's new

Dr. Bronner's Magic shaving soap gels

I like the baby unscented gel.

Now I know what to use if I have to, um, shave a baby. :blink:

Ingredient list on the shaving gel for hairy babies:
Organic Sucrose*, Organic White Grape Juice, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Shikakai Powder, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Corn Starch, Citric Acid, Tocopherol​

I'm not sure why the first two ingredients in a shaving gel would be sugar.

Haven't tried the shave gel, but I have used the orignal Dr. Bronner's liquid soap for a long time, it's great stuff.

Haven't tried the shave gel, but I have used the orignal Dr. Bronner's liquid soap for a long time, it's great stuff.

Ditto. It's real castile soap and really cleans you vs. doing a 'chemical peel'.

The Eucalyptus is very nice and I hear that they now make the lemon-citrus in liquid (was only available in bar form).

You can brush your teeth with it (I have) although I don't recommend it; made my mouth feel really funky. :tongue_sm

I bought a tube of the lavender and it smells great, seems to have plenty of moisturizing oomph but the shave sucked.

BIG FOAMY lather. Not good.

SWMBO uses it in a liguid soap dispenser to wash her hands so no $ lost.

I really wanted to like this one, but I have to admit it sucked. I used the lavendar shaving gel; it burned my face. The lather collapsed ridiculously fast, and the performance was just all around lousy.

It's too bad, because their pure castile soaps (especially the peppermint) are awesome as all-around soaps / bodywash.
I reckon they should stick with what they do best, and stay away from the shaving products.

Top Bottom