What's new

It's like a bicycle... (newbie to newbie schtuff)

Dang! Two months already with my Dovo Black Star and I've only cut myself twice! First was first time when trying to figure out how to hold the darn thing, second was soon after when I was just starting a shave and my (big) dogs freaked out over something. I learned to keep Mr. Styptic moist and on call! I still do, but haven't had need to call on him since.

I've learned that the comfortable grip on the blade is one that feels 'just so' to me. It allows me to move and tip 'just so'. No one could have told or shown me exactly. I had to find it for myself. Now it takes a bit to find the zone, but when I do, I'm like one with the blade. It seems like thinking about it has been the problem... just like learning to ride a bike. And just as pleasurable. The cherry on top is my Truefitt & Hill Grafton aftershave balm. It feels fantastic and the Loved One says... well, erotic.

The challenge that still dogs me is whipping up a good lather. I have an old-ish cake of Burts Bees I'm working through -- waste not, want not -- and have a tube of Taylor sandalwood on deck. I've whipped up a perfect lather with the Burts. Today's was almost as good. Lather is just as bicycle as the blade! The water content seems key. I'll get there, dammit!

I'm off to sup, but gotta say again, it's such a jazz when I get my hold on that blade 'just so'!

Rich.

Top Bottom