What's new

Starting on a Shoe String

I see alot of guys talk about there first kit and the concern over the cost of equipement. Based on what I have gleaned here and experience myself this is a great way to start. All this for less than a bottle of decent cologne.

Gillette Superspeed- $10.00 including shipping ebay
Chinese Badger brush- $10.00 including shipping ebay
Proraso Green Shave tub- $9.00 + shipping Amazon
Razor Blades- $7.00 Package of Derby blades 30 count Amazon
Rite Aid Witch Hazel for after shave - $2.19

So your off and running for under:
$30.00 oops I mean $40.00

With a little hunting and luck you could perhaps find a razor for half that in a flea market or antique store. Whatcha waiting for???

Last edited:
Holzie:

A blade sampler pack from one of our B&B vendors might be a consideration for a future purchase. Finding the best blade for your razor, technique, and face is half the fun. Enjoy your shaves. :thumbup1:

Don

Arko shave stick: ~$2
Superior70 bay rum: $1.99
Col. Conk soaps ~$5-$6

Resisting acquisition disorders: priceless

There's also Real Shaving Company cream @ Rite Aid for - what, $4-5?
Proraso green tube at B&BW.
VDH soap is cheap.

For blades, to "get started" you could also hit Wally World for the Wilkinson blades there.

Aftershave? +1 for Superior 70. There's also Clubman, Aqua Velva, Barbasol Brisk... all good, none expensive.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That would be a strat but I would get a razor blade sample pack instead.

Unless I'm missing something, I think your math is off...looks to be over $30 to me, but still a pretty low budget set indeed.

+! to the VDH/CVS Pharmacy starter kit - it's what I started with and works like a champ - still using the soap a month after purchase, and it lathers up nicely. The brush, while you can do better, still gets the job done and doesn't harsh your face.

Top Bottom