What's new

A cluster of tiny whiteheads/pus-filled pimples?

Another vote that there might be to much pressure being applied here.

this is definitely the answer. I get these, too, and it's almost always in a place where it is difficult to maintain both proper angle and proper pressure, in areas of dense hair growth where I sometimes work too hard to try to get the "perfect shave."

Go easy on those places for a few days and see what happens.

This happens to me occasionally, but IIRC only when I am trying a new razor or blade. I assume it's because I haven't mastered the new tools yet and have irritated my skin. So for me at least the solution is to keep using the same tools until I get better with them. If you are using a cart that may be the problem, I always found them irritating.

Thanks guys. I believe that I just applied to much pressure. The skin around my mouth has always been the most sensitive area, which I shave. I'm sure that is true for most of you. I probably just went OCD trying to get every strand of hair near my mouth, and irritated the area. I also followed Mantic's advice of three separate passes (WTG, XTG, and ATG) for the first time ever. I am thinking that this might have been too much for the aforementioned areas, since I only used to do two passes (WTG and ATG). I guess that I will just to back to my old style, since the XTG pass might have led to the whithead problem in these areas. Thanks.

This might sound stupid, but is "Razor angle" still important if you are using a cartridge razor? I had always read that it was vital when using a DE, but is it still an imporant component of getting a clean shave if you are using a cartridge razor? I thought that the cartridge took care of that for you, since it has a pivoting head, correct?

Top Bottom